Giant Monsters Versus Giant Robots in An All-New Action Adventure Title Coming Winter 2016
MINNEAPOLIS, MN – June 8, 2015 – Everybody Makes Mistakes. You Make Giants. – Publisher Viva Media and independent videogame developer Whalebox Studio today revealed their new videogame Goliath. Built by a small team with big ideas and big talent, Goliath is slated for release on Steam (PC), Mac, and Linux in winter 2016 and explores the concept of survival in a world of giants, dropping players into a world at war where massive monsters roam. Fortunately, players can build giants of their own! Survive and search the world to discover the materials needed to craft tools and weapons, including Goliaths – giant robotic suits that will help even the odds against the enormous creatures that rule the land!
Goliath will be shown to the masses for the first time at this year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles June 16th – June 18th at booth #8005 in the Concourse Hall.
In Goliath, players find themselves in a mysterious land consisting of the jumbled fragments of a hundred dead civilizations. Several powerful factions battle for control of this strange and broken world, but even the mightiest amongst them tremble in fear of the monstrous giants that roam the land. To survive among these giant creatures, players must scavenge for resources and materials needed to create Goliaths to either use for battle or barter for their very lives. Starting with simple wooden versions, players will learn to create dozens of Goliaths from a variety of materials: wood, stone, metal and other more unique materials found throughout the world. The Goliaths can be customized and outfitted with weapons to create loadouts for various situations and players’ battle preferences. But giant robots won’t solve every problem. Players will also need to craft items and tools for basic survival, build shelters and fortresses, and choose which factions to support in the war that’s sweeping across the land.
- Build A ‘Bot Factory: Learn how to create dozens of robotic Goliath suits from a variety of materials, including wood, stone, metal and more. Each Goliath can be customized and equipped with a variety of weapons – after players have learned how to craft them, of course.
- Survive A Savage Land: Gather materials to build the tools needed to survive, including healing salves, protective fortresses and more. As players explore the world, they’ll learn more complex recipes for better tools and weapons.
- Choose A Side: The world of Goliath is populated with several factions that vie for control of resources and territory. These factions include humans, the sentient robotic beings The Created, the demon-like Daemonari, and the elusive Forest Folk. Each faction can offer different strategic advantages in unique weapon and robot plans, and players must carefully choose with which factions to align themselves. Players can attempt to broker peace or rally their faction to accelerate the war!
- Procedurally Generate World: Players will explore a unique world with every game, thanks to a procedurally generated world.
- A Living World: Explore rolling prairies, dense forests, eerie swamps, frozen tundras and more, all with a complete day/night cycle and dynamic weather. Weather and terrain will affect how each of the robots performs, so players will need to make sure they have the right machine for the job!
- Co-Op and Competitive Multiplayer: Players can play through Goliath’s campaign with a friend in cooperative gameplay or go head-to-head in arena combat!
About Whalebox Studio
Whalebox Studio was formed in Siberia in 2012 by gathering a team of talented developers from around the region. The members of Whalebox Studio collectively have many years of experience working on award-winning independent casual games, but were drawn together by the idea of creating innovative core gaming titles. The team began designing its dream project, Goliath, in the summer of 2014. They look forward to sharing it with the world in early 2016.
About Viva Media
Founded in 1999, Viva Media publishes, produces and develops high quality games for a variety of platforms, including PC, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS and other mobile devices. Viva Media is dedicated to creating the highest quality games for all audiences. The Minneapolis-based company’s portfolio of games has garnered more than 100 awards for excellence in interactive publishing.
Source: Press Release