Mr. Yamagami and two Intelligent Systems developers appeared on the Nintendo Treehouse this morning at E3 2014.
Here are the key features that were shown:
- Defend the world from aliens with Abraham Lincoln
- One of the enemies was revealed during the live gameplay, the Devastator
- You can use your steam to move around the battlefield to find all the information that you need
- When you’re moving around and are found and attacked by an enemy, your steam locks up
- You’ll have to plan out your moves carefully in order to not use up all of your steam
- Each character also has a special ability that can only be used once per match – this does not use any steam
- You can spend medals to help yourself or your entire team to restore health
- Story Mode to be revealed soon
- Weapons can only be used by their special characters, but there are sub-weapons that can be interchanged between characters. For example, a jump booster (not a weapon) can also be used by all characters, which will help you get to higher elevation.
- Another weapon is the Sentry, that only attacks on enemy turns, but only if you have enough steam saved up.
The Overwatch capability has the ability to stun enemies and is based upon each weapon. You can take a gamble to use an Overwatch move during the enemy’s turn if you run out of steam, but the move is not certain. Remember that stunned enemies take extra damage.
Take a look at the Nintendo Treehouse videos below:
First part of the Treehouse gameplay:
And, the second part of the Treehouse gameplay:
Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. is slated for a 2015 release for 3DS. What are your thoughts so far about the game?
Source: Nintendo Treehouse