CCP has released Update 1.5, ‘Uprising’ for DUST 514.
The update brings improvements, features, and other changes.CCP has “revamped the New Player Experience to better guide rookies into the game, expanded corporation roles to allow corps to better control their organizational structure, implemented a new squad finder so you can always find teammates to dominate with, implemented new war point rewards, and much more.”
You can view the full patch notes below:
* The Neocom is now open by default in all cases where the Mercenary Quarters would previously be the default view. It can still be closed to move around the Mercenary Quarters.
* The third person camera switches to view the active character from the front when the Neocom is open.
* Various relevant tips have been added to the fitting screen panels.
* The “back” button when editing a fit in the fitting screen has been renamed to “finish”.
* The Skills window correctly gives the default action for not purchased skills as “purchase” rather than “train”.
* Added Squad Finder:
* The Squad Finder allows you to find and join publicly listed squads and squads lead by members of your corporation and/or alliance.
* When you create a squad with the Squad Finder you can enter a short description and choose whether the squad should be private, public or only available to corporation and/or alliance members. You can change the squad’s settings afterwards as well.
* Each squad listing includes a latency indicator which shows you your own latency to the squad leader’s region.
New Player Experience
* Initial tutorials have been completely revised, now following a task-driven structure that rewards players for demonstrating proficiency in joining battles, creating fittings and training skills. These tasks are not mandatory, but represent common tasks that all players will want to complete anyway. Rewards take the form of militia dropsuits, vehicles, weapons and modules.
* New War Points rewards have been added:
* Intel Assist – rewards the scanner 15 War Points if their squad members kill scanned enemies, 25 War Points for vehicles or installations. Scanning War Points will still be received up to 10 seconds after a scan has ended if the target was damaged whilst scanned.
* Equipment destruction – rewards the destruction of enemy equipment with 5 War Points.
* Transport assist – After troops have been transported over 100M from the point where they boarded, the pilot will receive a reward equivalent to 15% of the War Points disembarked passengers earn for one minute.
* Headshot Kill – 60 War Points.
* Counter hacking – rewards a counter hack with 75 War Points.
* Updated War Point reward message UI.
* Corporation CEOs and directors can now hand out roles to other members in their corporation.
* The following roles can be granted (in addition to the director role):
* Accountant: Responsible for a corporation’s wallet. Accountants have the ability to transfer ISK from the corporation’s mercenary wallet as well as monitor the corporation’s wallet transactions.
* Personnel Director: Charged with growing a corporation’s membership. A personnel director has the ability to accept applications to the corporation from other mercenaries.
* Terrestrial Combat Officer: Charged with organizing a corporation’s ground fighting forces. Terrestrial combat officers can join all planetary conquest conflicts bringing members of their squad into the battle with them. The mercenaries in the squad being brought into the battle do not need to be members of the terrestrial combat officer’s corporation.
* Terrestrial Logistics Officer: Responsible for managing a corporation’s terrestrial operations and logistics. This includes managing district reinforcement windows, district surface infrastructures, moving and selling clones.
Bug fixes and polish
* Network library has been optimized for better network performance.
* Improved server-client performance.
* Rendering fixes.
* Fixed melee exploit that allowed multiple fast melee strikes.
* Fixed issue with drop uplinks that (sometimes) prevents valid drop uplinks from being displayed.
* Fixed RDV navigation issues around sockets in almost all situations.
What did you think?