A 15-hour adventure RPG Designed to Scare the Pants Off You – So Please Don’t Soil Yourself – $29.99 USD/€27.99 EUR/£23.79 GBP
Somewhere in the UK – Developed and published by Strange Company, Left-Hand Path is a Dark Souls-inspired room-scale virtual reality adventure and horror RPG where players hold the power of magic in their hands. It will launch on November 10 for HTC Vive and Oculus Rift with Touch from Facebook for $29.99 USD/€27.99 EUR/£23.79 GBP, players must learn to explore a magical landscape armed with a growing knowledge of arcane gestures to cast powerful demon-killing spells, perform ancient rituals, and learn the terrible truths behind the Well of All Rewards.
“Isaac Newton said ‘If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.’ I agree with that,” said Hugh Hancock, indie developer behind Left-Hand Path.” “In the case of Left-Hand Path, those giants turn into horrific pus-monsters when you get them to half health.”
“Dark Souls changed everything in game design, and I felt strongly that VR needed an experience that captured the ‘Souls-like’ essence. Fans will recognize the atmospheric environment, subtle storytelling, and the ever punishing gameplay of the genre in Left-Hand Path. ”
“Left-Hand Path is a game where players must cast spells, perform ancient rituals, learn terrible truths, and try desperately not to die in this massive VR RPG.”
Players awaken in a cursed darkened castle with a tragic history full of never-before-seen creatures that are after your skin. Armed with arcane powers and a thirst for exploration, players must wield their newly-found powers and explore to find even more powerful spells and rituals, while trying to stay alive long enough to solve the mysteries of Well of All Rewards.
- Full Video Game: Delve deep into a fleshed-out game experience – over 15 hours of single-player, VR-exclusive content
- Battle for Your Life: Fight lethal monsters that will test both your physical skills – duck, dodge, outmanoeuvre – and your mastery of magic
- Spell Casting: Learn arcane gestures to cast powerful spells. Examples include fling acid missiles, strike your foes using the lightning staff, rain meteors from the sky, conjure an army of screaming skulls, flaming boulders from the ground, and many more
- Master a complex ritual magic system based on historical Hermetic magic
- Expand Powers: Gather the fallen Husks of your foes to gain power and unlock new abilities
- Exploration: Choose whether to explore nooks and crannies of the world to discover secret truths and powers. Investigate eerie landscapes, and interact with other humans, including historical figures such as Lord Byron and Samuel Taylor Coleridge, and strange creatures
- Locomotion: Supports both teleport and sliding
- Minimum Specs: Runs on any PC or gaming laptop that supports VR
“Left-Hand Path is not your traditional VR experience. This is a full 15-hour video game with immersive storyline written to sink you further into the game. This is not your grandma’s VR and this is not a seated experience. You will need room to cast spells, avoid enemies and their weapons, peak into secret passages, and bring hidden items into view. This is a room-scale game only. Prepare to die and try not to soil yourself,” said Hancock.
Left-Hand Path will be launching fully on Steam November 10, 2017. Meanwhile, go ahead and check out the Steam Early Access page.