Degica is pleased to announce that the occult classic shoot ’em up, Deathsmiles, is coming to Steam! Deathsmiles’s developer, CAVE Co., Ltd., is the powerhouse behind revered bullet-hell shoot ’em ups such as Mushihimesama, DonPachi, Espgaluda, and many more! In Deathsmiles, you take the role of one of five Angels to defend the magical land of Gilverado from an invasion by Hell itself! Eradicate this devilish assault in Spring 2016.
Composed of former Toaplan members, CAVE is a Japanese developer that has specialized in arcade games since 1995. Although CAVE has produced games for many genres and platforms, they are most famous for their pioneering role in the “bullet hell” shooter subgenre. CAVE’s most widely known games include Mushihimesama, Deathsmiles, and the DonPachi series.
- Horizontally scrolling bullet-hell madness across SIX different game modes.
- Spooky good fun! Battle ghosts, demons, man-eating plants, and even giant cattle in this gothic horror-themed adventure.
- Five playable angels to choose from, each with her own faithful familiar.
- Supports two-player local cooperative play. Banish the forces of Hell together!
- Reap what you sow with the challenging and powerful Counter system.
- Freely choose your path and difficulty with nonlinear progression between several macabre stages.
Here is the Deathsmiles Steam trailer:
Deathsmiles will release for PC on Steam in Spring 2016.