Haifa, Israel – Wave Interactive’s story-driven 2D adventure, Buck, is now live on Kickstarter, aiming to secure $30,000 in funds and to release on PC, Mac, Linux, Xbox One and PlayStation 4!
Buck is a 2D Metroidvania adventure that’s set in a haunted and somber post-apocalyptic wasteland, in which you play as Buck, a motorcycle garage mechanic who decides to leave everything he knows behind in order to find the truth behind a girl’s disappearance; all while struggling to adjust himself to a world he doesn’t fully understand.
“We’re excited to share with you Buck’s Kickstarter,” said Gal Kfir, project lead at Wave Interactive.
“Over the years the game has evolved quite significantly along with the new campaign, we now also have playable pre-alpha of Buck! You now can experience the desolate and dangerous universe of the game for yourself. If you like what you see, please pledge on our game, there are some fabulous tiers and rewards on offer – you can even get your pet included as an NPC!”
Trained by his stepdad to fight, shoot and fix nearly anything, Buck can take on, and surprise, even the biggest of brutes by his speed, strength and utter determination. Traverse the arid, unforgiving wastelands while fighting its fierce inhabitants.
Players will have to brawl, or talk, their way though junkyards, mountain passes, ghost towns and survivor outposts, while trying to piece together what brought this world, and its rugged people, to their knees.
- Destroy enemies with Buck’s own hand crafted, upgradeable weapons
- Complete missions in varied and distant locations, while fighting the onslaught of different types of enemy
- Earn and loot Scraps to purchase more items and upgrade your arsenal
- Explore the 2D world with hidden passages, dark secrets and meet its remorseless characters
- Negotiate with the salty denizens of Westown, wayward merchants and mysterious mercenaries, each with their own goals and agenda
- Actions and consequences – choose your answers wisely, there’s no going back. Every decision is automatically saved.
Watch the official Buck Kickstarter trailer:
You can help support Buck right now on Kickstarter.
About Wave Interactive
Wave Interactive was formed in 2013 a small studio with big ambition. Consisting of talented, disciplined individuals, the team is busy working hard to develop their first game, Buck.