Here’s a quick recap of island activity so far:
- Within the first 48 hours of Early Access release, more than 200,000 survivors have started their island adventure.
- Within 24 hours, there were over 100 official servers, 2,300 community servers active.
- Reached a peak of over 36,000 concurrent players in ARK, with over 1 million hours played thus far [Steamcharts.com]
- Mac and Linux platforms are launching by end of June 2015!
- Performance-boosting DirectX 12 implementation for Windows 10 will be launching in July 2015
- Performance updates happening on a rapid-iteration basis with daily game updates:
- Increased Framerate and Loading Speeds
- Reduced Memory Usage
- Added DirectX 10 Shader Model 4 Support
- Every day brings a faster, more optimized game. Content and gameplay systems have been the focus first, but now it’s on to speed!
- Today from 2-3pm EST Studio Wildcard will host its first developer FAQ on Twitch
- Watch Epic Games’ discussion with Studio Wildcard co-founder/co-creative director Jesse Rapczak on its Unreal Engine Community stream chatting about the experience of developing on UE4 and ARK’s upcoming mod tools.
- Follow updates for the game @SurviveTheArk and journey over to the Steam page to check out the detailed feature list and Monday-Wednesday-Friday reveals of new dinosaur dossiers.
- Stay connected for fun Dinosaur events leading up to the launch of a certain dinosaur cinematic experience in the coming weeks!
Come see the open-world dinosaur survival game everyone has been talking about! Tame and ride one of 70-plus amazing dinosaurs and other prehistoric beasts, including gargantuan creatures on a scale never before seen in video games! Fly a Pterodactyl squadron over snow-capped mountains, race through the deep jungle with your pack of trained Raptors, tromp through a fortified enemy base along a convoy of gigantic Brontosaurus, or chase down prey on the back of a raging T-Rex.
ARK: Survival Evolved will launch in summer 2016 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One via the ID@Xbox program and Steam, including Oculus Rift VR support and a thorough integration of Steam community features such as Steam Economy and Steam Workshop for custom maps and mods.
Source: Press Release