ARK: SURVIVAL EVOLVED BULKS UP ITS XBOX ONE AND PS4 CONTENT WITH FRESH MUSICAL TRACKS, SHINY NEW TEK WEAPONS AND GEAR, FOUR MORE MEGA-CREATURES, UPDATED VOLCANOES AND MORE
Seattle, WA – The team at Studio Wildcard has launched another content-packed update for their dinosaur-survival game, ARK: Survival Evolved on Xbox One and PS4. The new update includes a Megalodon’s worth of additions, from four prehistoric creatures (swarms of Giant Bees, anyone?) to more futuristic TEK gear including grenades and turrets, while also adding more hairstyles, new music tracks and a re-working of the volcano.
The new update is available now, so get a good look at it now by checking out the ARK: Survival Evolved v257 Spotlight Trailer:
NEW FEATURES IN THE V257 PATCH
- Structure: Tek Cloning Chamber – Spend some shards, get a clone, with the level, appearance and stats, of your favorite creatures
- Structure: Tek Megalodon Saddle – Mount up! Now your prehistoric shark has a laser-firing saddle!
- Structure: Tek Turret – An enhanced Auto Turret with more damage and a better targeting AI. What more could you need?
- Weapon: Tek Grenade – Did someone say “sticky grenades”? Put ’em on your friends (or not!)
- TEK Cave & Volcano – The Volcano finally receives its long overdue, scorching redesign – and now leads to the entrance to the TEK Cave
- “Ascension” Game Progression
- More UI overhauls
- New Hairstyle and Facial Hair
- Approximately 20+ New Explorer Notes
- 15 new music tracks, per-biome and situational
- Full console-style gamepad functionality (i.e. same as console versions)
- Alpha Megalodon and APEX Loot for all Alpha creatures!
ARK: Survival Evolved is in development for Xbox One via the ID@Xbox program, Steam Early Access and PlayStation 4. The game is currently playable in on all three platforms, which includes Oculus Rift VR support and an integration of Steam community features such as Steam Economy and Steam Workshop for custom maps and mods. Players can host private/LAN servers and have access to a custom-built version of the Unreal Engine 4 Editor for creating mods. The world of ARK is designed to be modder-friendly and ever-expanding!