24-Hours of Epic Dino Battles Starts at 10 am PST Saturday With $20k in Prizes; Then Watch Your Favorite Streamers Battle it Out For Charity
The annual Extra Life marathon is the perfect time for ARK: Survival Evolved fans to tune in to watch bloody dino massacres! ARK players will battle for their lives in a PvP “Survival of the Fittest’ match this Saturday, November 7, on the Twitch.tv/survivetheark channel. Join Bikeman for a wild dino shoutcast starting at 10 am PST while 200-plus survivors battle for $20k in cash and jurassic bragging rights. As a bonus, the top three winning teams will have a donation made in their name to Extra Life, which benefits The Children’s Miracle Network hospitals.
Once the “Final Round” tournament is over, CannibalQueen2107 and Studio Wildcard’s Forest Rapczak will jump on the channel to host ARK gameplay with familiar Twitch streamers. These dino-loving ladies will then be leading the ARK fun starting with developer interviews, giveaways for reaching Extra Life donation goals, and then move to an all-out ARK battle for the marathon’s duration.
The ARK: Survival Evolved livestream event schedule:
- 10 am – 1:30 pm PST, Saturday, November 7, the ARK “FINAL ROUND” Tournament hosted by Bikeman
- 1:30 pm – 10 am PST, Sunday, November 8, the ARK private server invitation hosted by CannibalQueen2107, Studio Wildcard’s Forest Rapczak and more!
The ARK “Final Round” Tournament prizing includes cash to the winner, plus a donation made to Extra Life made in the winning tribe’s name:
- First Place Winning Tribe receives: $12,000 (split six ways) + $6k Extra Life donation
- Second Place Winning Tribe receives: $6,000 (split six ways) + $3k Extra Life donation
- Third Place Winning Tribe receives: $2,400 (split six ways) + $1,500 Extra Life donation
Developed by Studio Wildcard, in conjunction with Instinct Games, ARK: Survival Evolved will launch in June 2016 on Xbox One via the ID@Xbox program, PlayStation 4 with Project Morpheus support, and full release on Steam PC. The game is currently in Steam’s Early Access program and includes Oculus Rift VR support and an integration of Steam community features such as Steam Economy and Steam Workshop for custom maps and mods. Players can host private/LAN servers and have access to a custom-built version of the Unreal Engine 4 Editor for creating mods. The world of ARK is designed to be modder-friendly and ever-expanding!
To join the growing band of survivors, journey over to Steam to download the game.
Source: Press Release