Anno Franchise Acquired by Ubisoft

The Anno developer Related Designs has been fully acquired by Ubisoft.

Ubisoft already owned close to 30% of Related Designs after it acquired its Sunflowers Interactive Entertainment Software in 2007. Ubisoft just purchased the remaining 70% of the company and now fully owns it.

Odile Limpach, Managing Director of Ubisoft Blue Byte, said in a press release, “This extremely fruitful cooperation can now advance thanks to the joint teams of Blue Byte and Related Designs more easily sharing experiences and resources. Together we will continue developing awesome games, including Might and Magic Heroes Online, which we hope will become a leading free-to-play title for Ubisoft.”

The Managing Director of Related Designs, Thomas Pottk√§mper,said in the press release, “This move validates our longstanding partnership and provides our teams with additional resources to expand upon their great work.”

What are your thoughts?