Sandbox Interactive has some exciting user statistics to share regarding the successful Closed Beta start of their medieval sandbox MMORPG Albion Online. In the first week, the magical world of Albion gathered 43,183 active players from 141 countries who had bought the Founder’s Pack after the launch of the Summer Alpha. The feedback from the current Founders is crucial to enhance Albion Online player experience, and with the help of community the developers are working in full force to polish the game even further.
Sandbox Interactive has planned a stream of updates for Albion Online that will not only improve the existing game elements but will also provide new content for players to explore. The first major Albion Online update ‘Aurelius’ will be introduced by the end of next week, bringing some awaited usability features and content additions that will definitely make Albion fans cheer.
Usability and User Interface
The update will bring often-requested Quality of Life improvements to Albion Online, for example:
- You can force your character to move to a certain location by right-clicking
- A “Combat Mode” toggle will prevent your character from accidentally harvesting or looting in combat
- You can see whether you’re in combat by looking at your character portrait
- Increased visibility when spells become ready again
- Different Chat Channels, e.g. for guild recruiting and major languages
There will be a total of 10 new spells and abilities spread over different weapons for you to use.
In addition to that, we will expand on the PvE part of the game by adding 3 new Keeper-themed dungeon types, with a total of 23 new dungeons spread throughout the world of Albion. Those dungeons also feature three new mob types and three new bosses.
And, last but not least, it is time for you to get festive. Holiday season will come with some special surprises for you.
As always, there will be numerous changes to balancing and a lot of bug fixing as the developer aims to make the game more and more polished.
You can find more details about the Aurelius Update in the all-new dedicated “Game Updates” section.
After December’s update, Sandbox plans to launch the next major update by end of January.
Some highlights of that update will include:
- Significant improvements of PC user interface (such as repair all function)
- Quality of life improvements for guild management
- Reworking the armors in the destiny board, such that the progression for crafting and the progression for using gear are aligned to each other – for example, you do not have to unlock light cloth armor if you really want to wear light plate
Related: Albion Online Closed Beta Has Begun
Source: Official Website