Paris, France – Microïds and Artefacts studio have announced that the adventure and investigation game Agatha Christie: The A.B.C. Murders – already available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC and Mac – will arrive on iOS and Android on September 29. By embodying detective Hercule Poirot, players will be able to discover or rediscover the story of A.B.C Murders, one of Agatha Christie’s Queen of crime, most famous novels.
The game begins when Poirot receives a mysterious letter from someone named A.B.C., announcing an upcoming murder. More worryingly, the disconcerting confidence of the killer who does not hesitate to despise the police and question the intelligence of the famous Belgian detective! The adventure will take players across England for an exciting investigation where they will need to use smart strategy, keen eyes, wit and composure.
The gameplay has been designed to reflect Hercule Poirot’s notorious sound and logical intelligence called “little grey cells” upon the player himself:
- Observation: First Person view sequences where the player guides Hercule Poirot’s gaze on to important crime scene details, a background or a character, to find the clues needed to continue the investigation.
- Interrogation: The player questions the various constituents of the story through a system of multiple choice phrases. Hercule Poirot’s insight allows him to monitor mood changes when conducting an interrogation.
- Collection and use of items: Although our favorite detective is more keen on using his intellect rather than his physical strength, he will occasionally discover an item he will have to use wisely in order to advance the story.
- Puzzles: The game features more than fifteen varied puzzles the player will have to solve in order to collect a hidden item or discover a secret hideout.
- « Little grey cells»: Mandatory game’s sequences where the player answers questions regarding the murders circumstances or suspects using the clues he has collected previously.
- Reconstruction: After investigating every cases, the player will have to chronologically reconstruct the very last moments leading to the murder.
Agatha Christie – The ABC Murders is an adventure and investigation game published by Microïds and developed by Artefacts Studio, it will be available on iOS and Android from September 29 for $6.99.
Voice-over are available in French and English. Sub-titles were translated in the following languages: French, English, Italian, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Polish and Russian.