Colossal crossover as lead characters from SteamWorld Dig, Brut@l, Zombie Vikings and more join the cast of the chaotic platform game
LONDON, UK – Rising Star Games has announced that the first free pack of downloadable content for 88 Heroes is now available on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The free DLC pack, titled 88 Heroes: RSG Champions, is comprised of eight new heroes plucked from dimensions across the Rising Star Games universe, in a crossover of colossal proportions! Eight heroes from games published by Rising Star Games enter the fray, joining forces with the 88 heroes to foil Dr. H8’s nefarious plans.
Meet the Champions! The DLC heroes and their unique skills:
- The M@ge (from Brut@l)- can fire magical blasts out of his cane; tap Action button for small blast, press harder for bigger (big blasts can destroy scenery)
- Dex (from A Pixel Story) – pressing the Action button drops his teleporting hat; pressing the Action button again teleports Dex to the location where the hat was dropped
- Rusty (from SteamWorld Dig) – can use his pickaxe to kill enemies and, more importantly, dig through the scenery in all four directions
- Gunborg (from Zombie Vikings) – very large character, can use massive sword to kill enemies and smash walls; when she gets hit, her body collapses but her head starts bouncing and can still be controlled
- The Conga Masters (from Conga Master) – immune to enemy attacks; touching enemies adds them to your conga line
- Vamp Girl (from I Want To Be Human) – can double jump and use her shotgun to kill enemies
- Eyas (from The Land of Eyas) – press the Action button to reverse gravity and walk on the ceiling
- The Ninja (from Ninja Shodown) – moves quickly, can cling to and climb up/down walls; uses katana blade to attack enemies
“We work with a fantastically talented and hugely disparate collective of developer partners, on wildly different types of projects”, said Lee Skittrell, Marketing Manager, Rising Star Games. “Bringing this selection of our own and our fans’ favourites all together alongside the 88 Heroes cast is a sort of celebration of our developers’ talents and our diverse portfolio, and is the kind of rare opportunity that only an open-minded and left field-thinking business vision, such as ours at Rising Star Games, can bring about”.
About 88 Heroes
From the creative minds at acclaimed development studio Bitmap Bureau, 88 Heroes is a 2D platformer that is as fun to watch as it is to play. Each level completed or untimely death brings a new uniquely skilled hero into the action and, with just 88 minutes to complete all 88 levels, players will need every one of the 88 heroes to stop the dastardly Dr. H8 from destroying the Earth!