Developer Ackk Studios has revealed new screenshots for YIIK (Y2K) as well as a new build.
Inspired by the acclaimed Earthbound and novelist Haruki Murakami, Y2K is possibly the only third-person, turn-based JRPG to offer players use of weaponized panda plushies. Expect action, puzzles, and platforming, along with story-based dungeons and punishing bosses that demand careful strategy instead of brute force. Be prepared for meandering exposition, but also laughter and unexpected scenarios! Y2K will start you in the familiar, before transporting you to a world rife with parallel dimensions, existential dilemmas, and the fashion triumphs of normcore culture.
Most importantly, YIIK has a new build prepared for those of you who would rather experience it from the comfort of your own home.
- A heavy focus on narrative, drawing inspiration from cult classic Mother and novelist Haruki Murakami
- Turn-based combat that requires clever use of abilities to level the playing field
- Meticulously designed, custom-made soundtracks intended to enter your ears and never leave!
- “Mind Dungeon” feature for anyone who can’t get enough of beating up enemies and levelling up!
- Weaponized. Panda. PLUSHIES.
Here are the new screenshots:
And, here is the YIIK E3 2015 trailer:
YIIK is currently at PAX Prime 2015.
Source: Press Release