2K’s popular WWE collectible card-battling game heads into Season 3 with extensive roster of WWE and NXT Superstars, new card tiers and gameplay modes, seamless season transition features and more
2K today announced that Season 3 of WWE SuperCard, the newest addition to the Company’s action-packed collectible card-battling game, is now available as a free downloadable update on the App Store for iOS devices, including iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, as well as the Google Play Store and Amazon Appstore for Android devices.* Featuring the series’ first real-time gameplay mode, three new card tiers, an increased roster of WWE and NXT Superstars, as well as new ways to compete with others from around the world, WWE SuperCard continues raising the bar for competitive and engaging WWE action in a unique format.
“Season 3 of WWE SuperCard delivers accessible and enjoyable gameplay that mirrors our development goals and complements our established collectible card-battling experience,” said Harley Howe, Co-Studio Head at Cat Daddy Games. “The introduction of three new gameplay tiers, new modes, the series’ first real-time gameplay component and notable roster additions formulate Season 3 into our most in-depth and exciting release to date.”
WWE SuperCard has more than 11 million global downloads since its August 2014 debut and holds an average rating of 4/5 stars on the App Store, as well as a 4.2/5 rating on Google Play.** Offering thousands of cards in active play, with each card representing one of 13 different rarity levels, WWE SuperCard encourages players to build teams of WWE Superstars and Legends, as well as NXT Superstars, train them to full potential, battle in various match types and test their luck in fast-paced tournament action. In addition, players can enhance their free-to-play experience through purchase of individual card packs.
WWE SuperCard’s Season 3 includes the following:
- NEW CARD TIERS – Access three new card tiers and compete for more than 100 new cards;
- ROYAL RUMBLE – Pit 15 cards against 15 of an opponent’s cards in a brand new, real-time gameplay mode in a battle to see the last card standing;
- SEASON 1 LEGACY CARDS – Retain Season 1 cards through their transition to Legacy cards in Season 3, with the cards available for play in the game’s new Wild Mode feature;
- SEASON 2 CARDS TRANSITION – Retain Season 2 cards for play in all Season 3 game modes;
- WILD MODE – Use both active and legacy cards to compete against opponents and gain more active cards;
- RANKED MODE – Battle players from around the world for the top slot in a new monthly leaderboard for prestige and awards.
Developed by Cat Daddy Games in conjunction with Visual Concepts, both 2K studios, WWE SuperCard is available now for download free of charge on the App Store for iOS devices, including the iPhone, iPad and Pod touch, as well as the Google Play Store and Amazon Appstore for Android devices. For more information on the WWE SuperCard series and 2K, visit wwe.2k.com, become a fan on Facebook, follow the game on Twitter and Instagram or subscribe on YouTube.
* WWE SuperCard requires iOS 8.0 or later for iOS devices, including iPhone, iPad and iPad touch, as well as requires Android 4.0.3 and up for Android devices.
** Product ratings as of November 14, 2016.