Wakefield, UK – 20th November 2015 – Today, award-winning games label Team17 have released details of their exciting 2016 line-up.
2015 has been quite the year for the games industry veterans who this month have seen its Worms franchise enter its 21st year whilst the company is preparing to celebrate its 25th anniversary in December.
Team17 have also released a new video (see below) that takes a look ahead at the label’s exciting 2016 releases featuring:
- Yooka-Laylee – An all-new 3D platformer from the creative talent behind the Banjo-Kazooie and Donkey Kong Country games. Featuring new heroes, Yooka (the green one) and Laylee (the wisecracking bat with big nose) players will be able to utilise an arsenal of special moves like Yooka’s tongue grapple and Laylee’s tactical sonar blast, whilst exploring – and expanding – the gorgeous 3D world.
- Worms W.M.D – Worms W.M.D features a fresh, brand new look 2D cartoon-inspired worm as well as gorgeous hand drawn landscapes. For the first time ever players will be able to use exciting new vehicles and even enter buildings which will add new strategic elements of gameplay to the traditional wormy warfare.
- Strength of the SWORD: ULTIMATE – A charming yet brutal 3D fighter/brawler. Brimming with old school attitude, Strength of the SWORD: ULTIMATE is the kind of game you BEAT instead of finish. Playing as the mighty War Golem you will engage in tactical and skill based combat as Strength of the SWORD: ULTIMATE pits you against multiple deadly enemies at once and includes epic boss battles!
- Sheltered – A post-apocalyptic disaster management game that gives a whole new meaning to the term “nuclear family”. With all hope lost, how will you cope in this bleak new world? How you handle the many moral choices you’ll encounter on a daily basis could be the difference between your family surviving or dying. Combat claustrophobia, radiation and mental exhaustion as you cling desperately to life in the cramp, cold and scary underground shelter. You’ll have to leave the scant protection the shelter offers behind as you’re forced to venture outside into the dangerous desolate wasteland to scavenge for vital supplies which could ensure your families survival for just one more day.
- Allison Road – You wake up one night without any recollection of prior events. Now it is your turn to uncover what happened to your family and face off against the horrors that await in the house… What would you do if you could feel something stalking you in the dark, in the safety of your own home? If you couldn’t tell what’s real and what’s not? Allison Road is a narrative-driven survival horror game developed entertainment industry veterans and life-long game enthusiasts Lilith.
Here is the Team17 lineup video:
Source: Press Release