This is the review for the iPAD version of the skirmish tower defense game with a turn based RPG combat, Vimala: Defense Warlords, by developer MassHive Media, a small studio from Bandung, Indonesia.
* Upgrade and defend your capital
* Build up your kingdom by taking enemy fortresses and expanding your territory
* Create your own battle formations for each individual encounter
* Face enemies in 6v6 turn-based combat
* Unlock 8+ unique Heroes
* Collect 40+ items and fully equip your characters and units
* Experience endless waves of enemies in Dungeon Mode
The graphics of Vimala: Defense Warlords are fresh and vibrant. The characters are dressed in pleasing wardrobes and colors. We like the almost anime style of the game and give a thumbs up to the attention to detail. For these reasons, we gave the graphics a 5 / 5.
The sound of Vimala: Defense Warlords works well with the gameplay. We found it to be catchy, and if you play for several hours, you’ll find yourself humming the tunes. We gave the sound a 5 / 5.
In Vimala: Defense Warlords, you’ll have the ability to play four different heroes, with the goal of the game being to conquer the entire battle map. When you battle for a castle, you will have up to four players from each team taking turns. As a player dies, another one will pop in to replace them. In addition, some castles produce resources for you, which are necessary to buy suppliers and for upgrades. You’ll also have to watch out for your Weather Clock, as weather plays a key role within battles.
The game consists of two play modes:
- Skirmish Mode – the game campaign where you will get to select two heroes and fight across different maps to win over the entire kingdom.
- Dungeon Mode – Straight up battles in which you win rewards when you complete checkpoints and defeat mini-bosses. .
We also found the tutorial and hint system to be well done. We gave the gameplay a 5 / 5.
True to iPAD format, the controls were super easy – just click on what you need to do and the action works without any glitches. For this reason, we gave the controls a 5 / 5.
Overall, Vimala: Defense Warlords is a fun and amusing game with a great variety of heroes to select and many battles to win.
5 / 5