Indie game developer Kerry Fawdray from Brisbane, Australia, has recently placed his game Veil of Crows up on Steam Greenlight and is asking for your votes.
Veil of Crows is a sandbox style real-time strategy game, set in a chaotic medieval world. Players begin with a handful of peasants and work to build a kingdom. The player will need to exploit the land and its people, using trade, alliances, completing quests or brute force to carve their name into history. If you die, the world will remain as you left it, while you start over. Veil of crows gameplay has been inspired by great titles from Mount and blade, to Stronghold, and the Total war series.
Veil of Crows Key features:
- Command large armies in graticiously bloody conflict
- Besiege mighty castles using various siege engines in destructable and detailed environments
- Every type of unit has strengths and weaknesses in combat. Weather, environment and unit momentum also comes into play. Pick your tactics wisely!
- A massive sandbox style campaign map containing upwards of 75 towns and villages ready to be conquered
- Complete quests for other lords and village leaders for bounty and improving relations
- Take your time to explore the world, and take your chances with random encounters
- Hunt down the bandits who raided your village for resources and prisoners, or destroy their camps to prevent further intrusion
- Just because you might die, doesn’t mean your world dies too. Start again and the world will remain as you left it.
3 GAME MODES:
- Prologue: Tutorial game…you will have some help along the way
- Veil of Crows: The main game. You start with a hero and a small group of units. Keep your hero alive and put them on the throne, or die trying. Gameover will result after your hero dies, however if you choose, the world will remain the same after you re-enter the world, but you must start again.
- Sandbox mode: A casual game mode, where you can choose your starting conditions…you can lose your hero but continue to take over the world with another!
MANAGE YOUR FACTION:
- Six different resource types can be aquired in your villages. You can trade these resources, or use them to upgrade your castles and train stronger units.
- Forge alliances, or threaten and backstab your way to power. Every action you take will change other factions opinions of you.
- Extort and bribe enemy armies in the hope they will leave you alone, desert, or join your forces.
- Train up mighty heros and generals to lead your armies and grant bonuses to your towns when granted vassals
- Visit the armoury and customise your heroes equipment, and watch them carve through your enemies
- Put your leader on the throne! In the main game, you start by customising a main character. You must keep them alive, and put them on the throne to truly conquer the world. If they die, game over!