Hamburg, November 2nd 2015. While Halloween haunts Valhalla Hills until mid-November and skeletons walk among the Vikings, the people can also look forward to more friendly new neighbors! Today’s update of the Viking strategy-simulation by Daedalic Entertainment and Funatics introduces the toolmaker and the weapon smith. Your Vikings no longer need to craft tools and weapons on their own, but can now commission them from experts. Since many jobs need the right tools and weapons, craftsmen like these are essential for a healthy settlement.
Here are the new screenshots:
Valhalla Hills Update Notes
1.12.5 – My Tools, my Axe, my Houses
** Toolmaker **
• Your Vikings grew tired of taking care of their own tools and weapons all the time.
• So there’s a new face around town: the toolmaker. He fulfills all your Vikings’ tool needs, but only commissioned pieces (this means you have to personally order tools).
• Since many jobs need proper tools, it’s very important for your settlement to hire a toolmaker. Get one as fast as you can!
** Weapon Smith **
• A warrior shouldn’t have to forge his own weapon. So, now there’s a weapon smith you can order to craft and forge better bows and axes.
**Sawmill, Quarry and Forester**
• These extensions have been replaced by their own unique building. There are now designated buildings for creating planks and ashlars and for growing trees.
• Lumberjacks will now focus exclusively on lumbering – and masons will harvest stones.
** Portals! **
• The end portal now has to be entered manually, this will no longer happen automatically. As soon as the portal is successfully activated, the match ends.
• Sometimes, you now have to open various smaller portals and face its enemies before you can open the main portal to Valhalla.
** Contributor Edition Compilation**
• Players who bought the Contributor Edition can now submit in-game how they want to be credited.
• IMPORTANT: please do not submit insulting or profane names or terms. We’d have to delete those from the credits.
** Odds&Ends **
• You can now assign additional workers to construction sites.
• The baker now also needs tools to bake.
• Foresters will now only grow trees fitting the landscape.
• There’s now a new, really large storage. Here you can store loads and loads of goods.
• Military camps no longer consume leather
• Enemy skeleton health has been reduced.
• The “You Lose” screen now gives you the option to play the same map again.
• Unlockable content went through some rework
• “F” now lets you select the next weapon or tool smith.
• Buildings and streets can now be demolished by pressing “Del”
• “L” lets you jump to the last position on the map where your Vikings recently fought an enemy.
• You can now rotate the camera horizontally with “Q” and “E”.
• The camera can now be tilted by pressing shift (or the middle mouse button).
• You can now directly jump to different zoom factors by pressing 1-4
• Water and sky have been visually adjusted
• Signs indicating a deactivated building now have improved visibility
• Various objects now have optimized detail levels
** Fixes **
• Fighters will now look more often for beer and gold
• The work radius of mines will now be displayed correctly
• Portal enemies are now varying again
• If you win in Free Game Mode and start the next map, the map size does no longer depend on campaign progress.
• You can now use the arrow keys for moving the camera again after clicking a button and other related actions.
• Right-clicking now cancels relocating mode of a building.
• A jumping-camera-glitch after using the middle mouse button has been fixed.
• You can no longer place buildings while the game is paused
• The “Edit” button in the Viking-screen is now deactivated while the list of Vikings is empty.
• Graphic settings are now preset depending on your machine’s performance.
• Various text issues have been fixed
Valhalla Hills is available on Steam Early Access. The full release is planned for Q4 2015 and will support Windows, Mac and Linux
Source: Press Release