Digidiced’s mobile adaptation of Uwe Rosenberg’s award-winning (and very popular) board game PATCHWORK is almost here.
The mobile adaptation stays true to Patchwork’s original design, keeping the hand-stitched aesthetic and “patchwork” mechanics intact.
If the name Digidiced rings a bell, it’s because this is the same studio that successfully adapted Le Havre: The Inland Port to mobile last November. Patchwork will be released February 24th on Android, iOS and Windows Phone and will retail for $2.99.
PATCHWORK CORE GAMEPLAY & GAME MODES
In Patchwork, you’ll go head-to-head against quilters all over the world by laying down tiles of different shapes and creating a patchwork of sorts. You’ll have to be strategic, though! With each piece of fabric placed, you move closer to the end of the time-tracking board. Go ahead and be the first one to move over a valuable single-square patch (thus stealing from the competition), but be careful: Racing to the end of the board will give you less time to build your quilt! Carefully plan each stitch and avoid creating holes — because each gap will cost you two points.
Patchwork for mobile offers three different game modes:
- Local: Play against the A.I. in three varying difficulties (Lula/Easy, Hoo/Medium, and Ute/Hard), or share your device with another local player using the Guest option
- Casual: Join unranked online matches — a step up from local play but not as competitive
- Ranked: Challenge players from all over the globe in ranked matches
PATCHWORK KEY FEATURES
- Faithful digital conversion of the award-winning board game by Uwe Rosenberg
- Cross-platform worldwide multiplayer gameplay
- Effective interactive tutorial
- Analyze your best games (or learn tricks from the pros!) with the Playback function
- Customize the interface with an ever-increasing number of backgrounds and colorful patterns
- Challenge the A.I. in easy, medium, or hard mode
- Consider every stitch you make in this deceivingly simple game
Here is the official Patchwork trailer:
Patchwork will be available on Google Play, App Store, and Windows Store on February 24th for $2.99/€2.99. Optional IAPs (e.g. interface themes) can be purchased from $0.49 to $0.99 (€0.49 to €0.99).