Unexplored introduces “cyclic dungeon generation
Next week’s launch of roguelite action RPG Unexplored also marks the first official release of a game using Cyclic Dungeon Generation, the new way of creating -less- random levels and emergent gameplay.
Unexplored creates its dungeons not by way of branching paths, but by using cycles. This technique, called Cyclic Dungeon Generation, results in levels that feel much closer to handcrafted levels compared to standard generated dungeons.
Unexplored is an accessible yet challenging roguelite action RPG, featuring a fantastic level generator. Explore dangerous dungeons, solve mysterious puzzles and engage hundreds of foes, big and small, in intense melee combat
- Easy to learn, easy to die’-gameplay
- Brand new dungeon generator tech, the first of its kind
- Emergent gameplay with many tactical options
- Diverse, real-time, dual wielding melee combat
- Stealth mechanics (dungeon crawling like a real rogue…)
- 53 possible bosses
- Challenging, generated puzzles
- Adaptive, original soundtrack
Here is the Unexplored Video:
Unexplored launches February 22, 2017 for PC on Steam.