Created by French entrepreneur Alexandre Delbarre, Tribe Domination is a Risk-like digital board game that pits San Francisco’s three main tribes — Hippies, Geeks, and Hipsters — against each other in heated battles for the city’s iconic neighborhoods.
Gather your troops and challenge up to two friends online as you invade and defend adjacent territories. Plan strategic attacks by placing troops at the start of each turn — but be careful not to leave your own territories undefended: Counter-attacks are a thing in Tribe Domination, so make sure to reinforce weaker areas by moving troops through connected territories.
The more territories you control, the more reinforcements you receive; claim ownership of an entire county to earn bonus troops. Knowing where and when to place your tribe’s soldiers is critical if you want to conquer the Bay Area.
Each territory you conquer will give you coins that can unlock hidden perks. Surprise your opponents by buying reinforcements or unleash your tribe’s special ability:
- Hippies can use their Flower Power Teleportation to instantly transport their troops to any other territory they control
- Hipsters can throw their U-Locks and attack a territory that is two spaces away
- Geeks can unleash Furtive Hack that hides their troop numbers to the opposing tribes.
And if you’re in control of your tribe’s HQ, you get access to a frisbee that will let you perform a ranged attack!
San Francisco won’t be the only battleground in Tribe Domination. Eventually, more territories will open up in cities across the US — starting with New York later this year.
Tribe Domination Key Features:
- Enjoy a turn-based strategy game built from the ground up for mobile devices
- Make use of each tribe’s special ability to conquer San Francisco
- Geeks = Furtive Hack
- Hippies = Flower Teleportation
- Hipsters = U-Lock Attack
- Login with Facebook and play with your friends
- Challenge your friends for the best score on the leaderboard
- Own your headquarters to unlock a frisbee that will help you remotely attack territories.
Here is the Tribe Domination Local Warfare video:
You can download Tribe Domination as of February 11, 2016. The game is 100% free and will not require any IAP’s or ads.
ABOUT THE DEVELOPER
Alexandre Delbarre is a French game developer from Paris, France. He has worked on Earthmine (a 3D mapping startup acquired by Nokia in 2012) and SongPop, from social gaming startup FreshPlanet. To learn more about Tribe Domination, please visit here.