Developer Creative Assembly just released an update for Total War: Rome 2.
The patch fixes issues that demoted a “a minority of cases but it’s a minority (2% of players) we remain very unhappy about and are doing all we can to get them in-game as fast as possible.”
Here are the patch notes for Total War: ROME II- Patch 1 (06.09.13):
- Higher average frame rates with out-of-the-box settings (more conservative settings)
- Fix for DirectX 10.0 Lighting issue reported – environment map wasn’t being created leading to black reflections.
- Fixed a sunken Samothrace temple complex world wonder on the Campaign map.
- Fixed defender being able to create encampments when involved in a combined battle.
- Added some localisation fixes to audio packs in French, Russian, Italian, German and Spanish.
- Fixed lock up in Multiplayer Campaign battles when a desynchronisation occurs. Players are now notified of the desynchronisation, and the battle ends.
- Fixed Multiplayer Campaign battle “overrun” prompt, which was not being shown to a player if they were a reinforcement and the other player was spectating.
- Fixed corrupt loading screen when changing to fullscreen / windowed mode after a battle, and then going into another battle.
- Fix for Multiplayer Campaign host being unable to move the camera in campaign, after reloading a save game on some rare occasions.
- Safe guards added to prevent a very rare crash in coastal assault battles.
- Fix for game lock up during end turn sequence / Celtic AI faction turn in single player campaign.
- Improved AI use of walls on Athens large settlement battle map.
- Improvements to Auto-resolve balancing in Single Player and Multiplayer Campaign modes.
- Aligned ship unit upkeep costs with land units – made mercenary ships more expensive and non-mercenary ships cheaper.
- Fixed slow turning rates for transport ships.
- Improved civil war balancing in relation to campaign difficulty.
- Fixed vehicle ground pipes, to prevent Siege Towers becoming immovable when they are left empty during the Deployment Phase of a Siege Battle, then units were moved into the Siege Tower when the battle has started.
- Fixed bug when ramming sideways into moving ship, which caused the ramming ship stick to target and strafe along with it in battles.
- Reduced the chance of Naval units sometimes clipping through the ground or harbours / ports during Port Assault battles when attempting to disembark.
- Fixed issue where armies would be stuck in Muster stance and could not exit that stance in Campaign modes.
- Fixed case where spies could get stuck on top of fleets in Campaign modes.
- Fixed rare post battle lockup in Campaign modes.
- Improved unit pathfinding in Barbarian village battle maps (fixed no go zones).
- Fix for Multiplayer Campaign lock up when the player was reinforcing an AI ally who was victorious in battle, causing the player to become stuck with no victory / continue / exit battle user interface functionality.
- Fix for cultural influence bonus from the Shrine of Neptune building
- Fix for “Zone of Controls” of hidden armies being visible to both players in head to head Multiplayer Campaign mode on mouse-over.
- Assorted minor fixes to city battle maps.
- Fix for “Rome Wasn’t Built in a Day” achievement failing to unlock when its requirements were met in some situations.
In case you missed it, check out the new ‘Throwing War with Brian Blessed’ Trailer.