Take to the skies and use the environment to your advantage in this vibrant 2D adventure-platformer
OSAKA, JAPAN – It’s time to let the feathers fly…literally! Video
game studio Atelier Melon-Kissa, in partnership with Strange Bull and OtakuMaker have announced that the vibrant 2D adventure-platformer, Toricky is now available on Steam for Windows-based PC, Mac, and Linux.
Toricky and Momo are two explorative birds who are always seeking out their next big adventure. Following the request of a seemingly friendly creature, the two birds arrive at a Legendary Palace where “Crystars,” jewels embedded with a mysterious power, were once enshrined. The Legendary Palace, which should be beaming with life and the hum of its inhabitants, has been turned into a variable ghost town.
What could have happened? Where could the inhabitants have gone? To uncover the answers to these questions and more, Toricky and his feathered partner, Momo must embark on a great adventure where they will have to solve numerous puzzles, avoid dangerous traps, fight terrible pirates, and save a mystical princess.
Toricky will have players will soaring across massive levels in effort to rescue the princess and recover the missing Crystars, all while using the environment to their tactical advantage. Featuring a unique gameplay mechanic, players can pluck items directly from the landscape to aide them in battling Pirates, illuminating dark corridors, conquering massive bosses, and more!
TORICKY Key Features:
- An old-school-inspired 2D platformer, illustrated with vibrant Manga-style visuals
- Interactive environments with a unique gameplay mechanic based around flight
- 30+ hours of gameplay for the completionist
- Non-linear gameplay with 7 Great Zones divided into various Areas
- 56 Crystar to save, each with their own Time Attack Challenge
- 3 Power-ups to discover (Moon Blocks, AquaSphere, BomTaros)
- Large-scale puzzles to solve
- 12 gigantic, screen-filling bosses, each require a unique strategy to defeat
- Over 400 lines of dialogue fully voiced in Japanese
- Featuring beautiful musical arrangements by Hiroki Kikuta & Dale North
- In-game text localized into 13 languages (Japanese, English, French, Italian,
Russian, Spanish, Czech, Portugeze-Brazil, Korean, and Simplified Chinese at
launch – German, Dutch, and Romanian post-launch)
- 66 Steam Achievements to unlock, Steam Trading Cards to collect and Badges
Watch the Toricky Trailer:
Toricky is now available for PC on Steam for $14.99. The Toricky Original Soundtrack (OST), featuring 12 audio tracks by renowned composers, Hiroki Kikuta and Dale North is also available on Steam for $6.99, and can be purchased in the Toricky – Game + OST Pack bundle for $17.58, or in the Toricky Deluxe Pack that comes with the game, OST, and digital Strategy Book for $19.99.