There is a new version of Tomb Raider PC, build 1.0.722.3. This patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. In case your game doesn’t update, just restart the Steam client.
In addition to various PC specific fixes this patch brings all the fixes available in the 1.02 console patch to the PC as well, but note that the majority of those was already included in the originally released PC game or version 718.4.
Here are the full patch notes in 722.3:
- Addressed an issue in ”Shipwreck Beach” where the mast on the wooden ship was occasionally missing depending on the player’s path
- Fixed a gating issue in “Research Bunker” where the elevator would get stuck in an unintended state
- Fixes for multiplayer connectivity o An issue related to security certificates that stopped many users from connection to Square Enix servers was resolved. o Improved messages when you are unable to connect with Square Enix servers
- Improvements to voice-chat for multiplayer
o New Push-To-Talk feature, by default mapped to F1
o New voice-chat volume option
o Improved overall quality of voice-chat
- Fixes for crashes on startup in specific situations when no audio output is available
- Fixes for various reported crashes during both single-player and multi-player
- Movies are showing up again when using SSAA
- Cost of TressFX reduced, especially in combination with SSAA
- TressFX memory usage reduced for AMD Eyefinity and NVIDIA Surround setups
- TressFX simulation and graphical quality improvements
- New Ultra-quality shadow mode for contact hardening shadows. This is not enabled by default in any quality profile, but can be enabled from the advanced settings
- Improvements to fullscreen/windowed switching and multiple display handling
- Various UI improvements
In case you have trouble with this patch and prefer to stay on the old version steam has a Beta, Build718.4, that can be used to switch back to the previous version. However, you can only play multiplayer with people that share your version.
What are your thoughts? Let us know below.