Candescent Games and Section Studios Bring Manic Platforming to the Masses— With No Jump Button!
Burbank, CA – April 27, 2015 – Fueled with rocket-powered love, new indie studio Candescent Games, Inc. and design partner Section Studios, along with indie games partner Reverb Triple XP, have primed their powder to ignite the dynamic action-platformer Tinertia in Fall 2015. In development for PlayStation 4 Computer Entertainment System, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PC, Tinertia is built on the premise of Quake-like fun, Sonic-like speed, and precision controls…all without a jump button!
With its debut at the PlayStation Experience in December 2014, Tinertia stars the inauspicious robot Weldon who is equipped with a powerful rocket launcher that allows him to propel himself through a kaleidoscopic series of challenging industrial environments. He is stranded on a planet controlled by the evil ARC that has identified Weldon as a threat and is now prepared to destroy him at any cost. Geared for the streaming generation with easy to pick-up but tough to master mechanics, Tinertia challenges gamers to master rocket-jumping. Players will control the momentum, rhythm, and speed of Weldon launching him over deadly obstacles, outrun robo-bosses, and ultimately escape off the planet.
“Today’s gamers want an experience that’s fun to master and equally fun to stream and watch with friends,” said Vilas Tewari, CEO and programmer, Candescent Games, Inc. “With that in mind, we designed Tinertia to be a skill based action platformer. Its mechanics are easy to pickup and a spectacle to behold in the hands of a master.”
Tinertia Key Features:
- No Jump Button: Master the physics-based gameplay to control Weldon using his rocket launcher to achieve accelerated speeds and an infinite supply of ammo to propel him from puzzle to platform.
- Seven Environments, 70+ Levels: Travel across seven differing environments and more than 70 levels to help Weldon reach the planet’s surface and escape the ARC.
- Ultimate Challenges:
- Speed Runs: Challenge your best time with devastatingly fast runs through each level.
- Rocket Challenges: Earn par for each level using a limited number of rockets.
- #YOLO: Dodge treacherous obstacles and play through Weldon’s journey with only one life to earn a spot on the Tinertia leaderboards.
- Ghost Runs: Players can select the top competitors’ best times and challenge themselves against a ghost Weldon to improve their skills and times.
- Dynamic Replay Camera Angle System: This ability delivers the dramatic angles of every amazing run with enhanced zoom, camera speed options, and fixed angle features.
Here is the Tinertia gameplay trailer:
Tinertia is slated for a Fall 2015 release for PS4, Xbox One and PC (Steam).
Source: Press Release