Austin – TX, October 8, 2015 – Digerati and [bracket]games are pleased to announce the critically acclaimed IGF Excellence In Narrative Nominee, Three Fourths Home: Extended Edition is coming to Xbox One in the US tomorrow, October 9th. PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita versions will be launching in the US with Cross Buy on Tuesday, October 13th. All versions are priced at $4.99 with the European versions launching later this month.
About the Game
In her mid-20’s, Kelly has been forced to move back to Nebraska. Back to that flat expanse, that seemingly endless sea of rustling cornstalks peppered by rusty silos and rustier towns. A typically intense Midwestern storm is approaching while Kelly is out; she needs to get home. Three Fourths Home is a visual short story in which players assume the role of Kelly during her drive through the storm. In the 20 miles between her grandparents’ crumbling barn and her parents’ home, she receives a phone call from her mother. While driving through a stylized representation of rural Nebraska, players must navigate an extended conversation between Kelly and her parents and younger brother. Three Fourths Home takes a look into a specific moment of these characters’ lives and their relationships with one another. The narrative touches on a variety of issues affecting Kelly and her family, including disability, adulthood, and familial obligation.
- A character-focused visual short story exploring family, adulthood, and the hardships of impoverished small-town living
- Stylized grayscale visuals with a unique setting
- A narrative exploring family, disability, nostalgia, hardship, and a host of other subjects inherent to small-town living
- Nearly 800 unique dialogue choices
- Soundtrack by Neutrino Effect
- NEW TO THE EXTENDED EDITION:
- A new edit of the main game, in which an important story changes based on the way players navigate the conversation
- A 20-30 minute epilogue set in Minnesota
- A music player featuring clean versions of the soundtrack by Neutrino Effect
- 4 new stories written by Ben
- A “photo viewer” tied to the events of the epilogue
Take a look at the new screenshots:
Here is the console release trailer:
About Bracket Games
[bracket]games is a pseudonym for writer and designer Zach Sanford and composer Neutrino Effect. They are focused on creating single-player games with meaningful personal narratives. Zach Sanford began work under the moniker [bracket]games in 2012, designing and writing an (ultimately abandoned) platformer. Zach’s brother, Jon, who composes and records as Neutrino Effect, was brought on in 2013 when the abandoned project was re imagined as a Twine. The two have completed three larger projects, as well as several smaller experiments and prototypes.
Digerati Distribution & Marketing are specialists in independent PC and console video game PR, Marketing & Distribution. A new breed of publisher providing the versatility & flexibility needed in this modern landscape. Contact – Nick@digeratidistribution.com
Three Fourths Home: Extended Edition will launch October 9, 2015 for Xbox One and October 13 for PS4 and PS Vita.
Source: Press Release