Developer Over The Moon Games has announced that critically revered, sci-fi epic adventure The Fall is headed to Xbox One and PS4.
Set in a dark, distant sci-fi universe, The Fall is about ARID, an artificial intelligence on-board a futuristic combat suit. One day, she is activated to find that the human pilot of the suit is unconscious and in desperate need of medical help. ARID’s directive is clear – take her pilot towards medical attention. However, as she struggles to take control of the suit and help her non-responsive friend, she finds herself in a unique and bizarre situation that will cause her to question her rigid relationship to her various protocols and ultimately her self understanding. The Fall is a unique blend of traditional adventure game puzzles and action, mixed together nicely and set in a world rich with atmosphere. Players of The Fall will find themselves, thinking, exploring, and sometimes fighting with the world and its unusual inhabitants
- An excellent story – Set in a rich, atmospheric world, that explores interesting ideas surrounding rigidity and protocol.
- A fresh mix of genres – The Fall integrates point and click adventure games, platformers, and shooters into a very unique experience. Drawing equal inspiration from games like Super Metroid and Monkey Island, The Fall is humbly inspired by the greats that came before it.
- Gameplay and story integration – Players solve fun and creative adventure-style puzzles, and organically find solutions that imply a larger narrative.
- A full voice cast – With a unique female protagonist.
- Gorgeous artwork – The Fall’s focus is on atmosphere and exploration, and boats a beautifully polished world to support that feeling.
- Episodic – succinctly told in 3 acts. The first episode boasts a solid 3 hours of play-time, if not more.
Take a look at the announcement trailer:
The Fall is slated for Spring 2015 for Xbox One and PS4. It’s currently available for Wii U, PC, Mac and Linux.