Xbox’s Phil Spencer experienced a ride in Tanner Foust’s 2014 Volkswagen Beetle GRC. Tanner Foust, pro rallycross driver and Xbox ambassador gave Phil a first hand look at what its like behind the wheel during the Seattle round of Global Rallycross at Dirt Fish Rally School.
Microsoft’s Phil Spencer teased the upcoming screenshot function on Xbox One over Twitter.
Take a look at the official tweet:
Nice to finally be doing this on my Xbox One dev kit. pic.twitter.com/AgDDWr3ExJ
Phil Spencer announced via Twitter that the new live internet TV service, Sling TV, will be launching on Xbox One with an exclusive offer.Our vision at Xbox is to bring your games and entertainment together. Important to that vision is our focus on partnering with television providers and content distributors to deliver rich, differentiated TV and video experiences. Today, we’re pleased to share the news of a relationship with the newly announced Sling TV, which is backed by DISH. Sling TV is an over-the-top, television service that will deliver live sports, lifestyle, family, news and information channels, Video-On-Demand (VOD) entertainment, and the best of Internet video for $20 per month. With Sling TV, there’s no commitment, contract, credit check, hardware installation, or hidden fees. Channels will include ESPN, ESPN2, TNT, TBS, Food Network, HGTV, Cartoon Network, and Disney Channel. And Xbox One will be the exclusive gaming console when it launches in the coming weeks.
What’s more, as the first gaming console where Sling TV will be available, we’re excited to announce that all Xbox Live members will get an exclusive extended free trial for one month at launch.*
A new Xbox One holiday promotion video has been launched.
Take a look at the video below as Phil Spencer and Yusuf Mehdi from Xbox discuss the upcoming games and Xbox One bundles coming this holiday. This includes a special $50 off promotion from November 2nd, 2014 – January 3rd, 2015 on Xbox One consoles in the United States.
Just yesterday, Microsoft announced that it’s buying Mojang, the creator of Minecraft for $2.5 billion.
Now, watch as Head of Xbox, Phil Spencer, talks about the buyout in a new video:
Major Nelson of Xbox announced that Microsoft will begin rolling out the next system update for Xbox One around the world in the coming days.
Here is what’s coming with the July Update:
- Snap Mode for Achievements. As we showed at our E3 Green Carpet event before the show, we’re offering an easier way to track and view your achievements in the moment. With Achievement Snap, you can track your achievement progress in real time without ever leaving the game. You can also ‘Get Help’ on any Achievements you’re struggling with. Xbox will scan the web for you and deliver relevant tips and strategy content right to your TV.
- Double-tap to Snap. Double-tap the Xbox button on your controller to bring up Snap Center, where you can launch Achievements or any other snap-able app, without leaving your game. Already have an app snapped? Double-tap quickly switches between your game and the snapped app.
- Choice of Spoken Language. Folks in New Zealand, Ireland and Austria, with this update in July, will be able to select voice control using the English or German voice models from other countries. And if you’re an expat in an English-speaking country, you, too, can choose any of the other English language models that fit you.
- Future Digital Bundles and Compilation Discs. We’re doing some work now so that publishers will have options for great digital bundle and disc compilation offerings in the future. As we test this feature, we’ll be seeing more flexible combinations of game titles and game content.
- ‘Like’ Game DVR clips. We’re adding the ability to ‘Like’ all your favorite Game DVR clips as well as activity feed items in SmartGlass.
Xbox One will be offering the largest and most critically acclaimed titles for its Holiday 2014 lineup.
Head of Xbox, Phil Spencer stated,
“Congratulations to the creators who are receiving broad acclaim for the games shown at E3. We saw an incredible display of games at E3 from across the industry and we’re thrilled gamers will have such a wide selection available this year on Xbox One, including “Halo: The Master Chief Collection,” “Sunset Overdrive,” “Forza Horizon 2,” “Ori and the Blind Forest.” Xbox One is the only place you can play these games along with creative independent titles and blockbusters such as “Assassin’s Creed Unity,” “Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare,” “Destiny,” “Evolve,” “Grand Theft Auto V,” and dozens more – making gaming on Xbox One unmatched this holiday.”
Earlier today, Microsoft announced that the Xbox One has been reduced to $399.99 starting June 9th.
Now, a new video has been released titled ‘Delivering More Choice for Fans: New Xbox One Console Option.’ The video features Phil Spencer and Yusuf Mehdi discussing the new standalone Xbox One console option without Kinect:
Xbox has released a new video, featuring Phil Spencer, the new Head of Xbox, and sharing his history in the company and vision for Xbox.
Take a look as Larry Hryb, Xbox Live’s Major Nelson, chats with Phil about his history at Microsoft and what led him to his new role as Head of Xbox.