Helsinki, Finland, September 2nd 2015 – Energy Drink company Mad-Croc, which launched a Mad-Croc themed mobile game at the Gamescom conference in Cologne in early August, today announced the company will launch the biggest global individual mobile e-sports competition ever. Mad-Croc will grant a prize of $100,000 dollars to the winner, making it by far the largest individual cash prize in mobile gaming history.
We’ve had the pleasure of interviewing co-founder and CEO Bo Daly of Super Evil Megacorp during gamescom 2015 to preview Vainglory, a free to play MOBA that is perfected for touch.
We’ve had the pleasure of meeting with veteran video game developer, NeocoreGames (King Arthur, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing) during gamescom 2016 to preview their new action-RPG, Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr, produced in close collaboration with Games Workshop. The Warhammer 40,000 universe has been around for nearly thirty years and incorporates tabletop games, video games, books, comics, and more.
We’ve had the pleasure of meeting with Sandbox Interactive, developers of sandbox MMORPG Albion Online at gamescom 2015.
Here are the key features:
- Player Driven Economy – Collect & Craft, Transport & Trade, Farm & Fight. Thanks to Albion Online’s player driven economy, the world of Albion is entirely built by the players within. All items and buildings are crafted by players, towns and villages are formed and trade routes established. There is no one path through the game, it is the players who path their way through it, while possibilities remain limitless.
- You-Are-What-You-Wear – There are no classes in Albion Online, players can unlock the abilities to equip their characters with whatever items they wish. One day a warrior with heavy armor, sword and shield, the same character may be a master craftsman, equiped with precious crafting tools the next day. You-Are-What-You-Wear means no restrictions to what a character can be or learn.
- Many Roles To Play – Albion Online is a role play game in its truest sense: Fight your way to fame and honour as a ferocious soldier, live in peace and prosperity as a farmer, become famous as the world’s greatest armorsmith or constantly live on the edge as a diplomat or master-spy for your guild – the player driven world of Albion offers fun and opportunities for all players and playing styles.
- GvG territorial warfare – In Albion Online, players can join powerful guilds that fight each other over territories. Guilds can form their empire by conquering the land of Albion from others, which allows them to build new cities and villages, harvest precious resources and defend themselves against the wilderness and unwanted invaders. In the form of 5-vs-5 PvP fights, guilds will fight for dominance of Albion in battles determined by strategy, preparation and skill.
- Full-Loot PvP – In the world of Albion, the winner takes it all. Players can fight against other players in Albion’s dedicated full-PvP zones for the ultimate prize: The victorious character may take all(!) belongings carried by the defeated. The stakes have never been higher, when „death“ is actually a meaningful thing in an MMO and a player is constantly at risk of losing everything.
- Cross-Platform – Albion Online offers a truly cross-platform MMO experience, being available on Windows, Linux, Mac, Android and iOS. Players can login with any of their devices from wherever they want to join the one-and-only world of Albion with their same account and character. A seamless gameplay experience for the modern multi-device gamer.
- Free-to-Play – Everyone can join Albion Online for free (upon official release), there is no mandatory subscription, purchase prize, etc. Players can be successful within the world of Albion without spending any money – although buying a premium account offers certain advantages. The in-game currency „Silver“ cannot be purchased with real money. Real money buys „Gold“ which can be used to purchase premium accounts and vanity items. By exchanging Silver for other players‘ Gold at special player markets, players can get their premium accounts entirely for free.
Take a look at several new screenshots:
Sandbox Interactive has now announced the Closed Beta phase for Albion Online as a next step in the development cycle and published a roadmap with the features and changes to be expected until then.
We’ve had the pleasure of meeting developer KING Art Games at gamescom 2015 to preview The Dwarves, a tactical RPG based on the bestselling novel of the same name by Markus Heitz, who is directly involved in the project as a consultant and will contribute some quests and brand new characters.
We had the pleasure of meeting independent developer Sileni Studios at gamescom 2015 to preview Mayan Death Robots.
Mayan Death Robots reinvents the artillery genre in a Mayan setting that’s been invaded by alien killing machines. Pick a robot from the roster and enter the arena to destroy your opponent’s power core. Aim your weapon before the timer runs out, but don’t be distracted by the pretty scenery: when the rockets start flying, you already need to plan your next move. Will you choose to move your robot to a better vantage point, or will you build defenses to keep your opponent from landing a killing blow?
Developer Seasun Games, China’s top developer for western gamers, has featured a new video and screenshots for Relics of Gods during gamescom 2015.
Relics of Gods is a 3-v-3, Player vs Player (PvP), turn-based strategy MOBA for mobile. In the game, each player will choose a hero from dozens of available options. Each three-player team makes their choices to form a deadly combination of abilities. Working together, they will use a series of unique attacks, skills, and divine blessings to defeat their foes. Featuring world-class development resources and content, Relics of Gods looks to elevate mobile multiplayer gaming to a new level.
From the studio that brought you Master Reboot comes a new first-person sci-fi adventure game that will take you on a journey through the deepest darkest recesses of your soul. Prepare yourself for intrigue and danger on your mission to unlock your identity, your story, your mystery.