Star Wars: The Old Republic just announced its Galactic Guild Battles.
Play Arenas on PTS this weekend & apply by Sep 8 for a chance to live stream.
The following is taken directly from the SWTOR website:
PUT YOUR GUILD IN THE SPOTLIGHT IN A PVP WARZONE ARENA LIVESTREAM!
GET THE CHANCE FOR YOUR GUILD TO BE FEATURED WITH Star Wars™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ DEVELOPERS IN A MMORPG.COM TWITCH LIVESTREAM EVENT!
We’ve partnered with our friends at MMORPG.com to give top guilds a chance to live stream their 4v4 Player-vs-Player Warzone Arena matches live on MMORPG.com’s official Twitch channel!
If you’re a Level 55 guild looking to show off your PvP skills in our new Ranked Warzone Arenas during September and October, we want to hear from you!
• Partner with our development team and MMORPG.com to demo Ranked Warzone Arenas.
• Live stream your guild competing in Warzone Arenas on MMORPG.com’s Twitch channel at twitch.tv/mmorpgcom!
• Earn the rare “Wartime Correspondent” in-game title for your participation in the livestream.
Interested? Follow the three steps below by September 8th to enter your guild!
STEP 1: MAKE SURE YOUR GUILD QUALIFIES TO PARTICIPATE
We’re looking for six Level 55 players from your guild (four primary players plus two alternate players) to compete live in PvP Ranked Warzone Arena matches:
- All participants must have a valid Star Wars: The Old Republic account, opted in for Star Wars: The Old Republic email communication, be in good standing (not in a banned status), and have systems that meet the minimum hardware specifications.
- The primary streamer must have experience with streaming in HD on Twitch.tv using XSplit streaming software.
- If selected, all featured players will need to download the free Skype voice communication application to their PC and also have access to a webcam and headset for use during the livestream.
- If selected, guilds will be offered the opportunity to participate in at least one livestream event during September 12th – October 17th, 2013 at the following times:
- North American servers: Thursdays between 5PM PDT – 6PM PDT (Fridays between 12AM – 1AM GMT)
- European servers: Thursdays or Fridays between 11AM PDT – 12PM PDT / 6PM GMT – 7PM GMT.
STEP 2: RECORD YOUR AUDITION CAPTURE
Check out the following guidelines for recording your audition footage:
- Coordinate a premade 4-player Level 55 group from your guild and queue for Ranked Warzone Arenas on the Public Test Server.
- Record an unedited end-to-end play-through of your best full 3-round match, including any audio from voice communication software or player voices:
- The driver of the camera should have a central role in the fight and must be the same player who will drive the camera in the live stream.
- Players in the recording must be the same players that will play in the live stream. (or the alternate players)
- Gameplay and game audio must be from Star Wars: The Old Republic and no other source.
- Keep the HUD/UI ON when filming.
- Do not include any slates, callouts, legal lines, rating logos, or company logos.
- Do not include gameplay behaviors or in-game chat that conflicts with Star Wars: The Old Republic’s Terms of Service.
STEP 3: EMAIL US YOUR APPLICATION BY September 8, 2013
FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR AUDITION VIDEO
- Primary entrant’s Full Name, Email Address, Display Name, Date of Birth, City, Country, and Phone Number (primary point of contact)
- Full name, Email Address, Display Name, Date of Birth, City, and Country of the other three players playing in the video as well as your two alternate players
- Name of the primary streamer
- Your Guild Name and Server
- Short Description of why you and your guild should be featured in the Galactic Guild Battles livestreams
- A link to your guild’s Twitch channel (if applicable)
- A link to the primary streamer’s Twitch channel (if applicable)
- We will contact you via email with further instructions on uploading your video submission. If your guild is selected, we will coordinate with you to determine a specific date/time for your guild’s livestream. If we reach out to your guild and do not hear back within three days or are unable to coordinate a mutually convenient time, we cannot guarantee your guild’s participation in the livestream. Unfortunately, we will not be able to respond to every submission.
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Criteria for Selection
- Polished, high-quality visuals and audio
- Compelling gameplay moments
- Good guild coordination and use of strategy, tactics, class powers
- Well-articulated description of why your guild should be featured as part of the email application
- Guild availability to participate in the livestream events
Delivery of In-Game Title
- “Wartime Correspondent” title will be sent via in-game mail to the final participants featured in the livestream within 10 business days of their livestream event.