Barcelona, Spain – March 22nd, 2016 – Magic-infused developer Beautifun Games is proud to announce that Megamagic: Wizards of the Neon Age will be soon available on Steam. Taking place in a post-apocalyptic world filled with references to the glorious 80’s, contemporary players and Delorean-driving time travelers are called to discover a strategic RPG that mixes action and strategy in a sorcery challenge to be tackled on Windows, Mac OS and Linux systems on April 20th.
Megamagic features a deep combat system that put five different schools of magic at your command, challenging you to unveil the secrets hidden in monster-infested wastelands, neon-bathed cities and shady dungeons alike. Learn new spells and summon the creatures you have beaten, leading a powerful army of grims on your own style.
You will need to rely on your ever-growing grimoire, developing your own play style as you become the greatest wizard in the world… and the last hope to discover what the sacred institution of the Order is hiding behind their unsullied facade.
The unmistakable flavor of the 80’s turned into a game. An action RPG and real time strategy videogame set to shake the Earth this 2016. Prepare to delve into a fascinating world where the forces of technology and magic are embroiled in a vicious struggle! Blurring the lines between the RPG and strategy genres, Megamagic recaptures the look & feel of the 80s games and films in a game filled with pop culture references and magnified by the incredible music by Mitch Murder, composer of Kung Fury and Hotline Miami 2 soundtracks.
- Action RPG meets Real Time Strategy in a totally new way
- Explore an open world and venture into the depths of perilous dungeons
- Master 5 different magical alignments: Neonmancy, Vegemancy, Sanctumancy, Fulgomancy and Necromancy
- Research and craft 20 spells + 16 grims, each with their own passive and active unique skills
- Beat 9 hair-raising bosses
- Local multiplayer co-op mode: have up to 4 player companions controlling your grims in battle!
- Original soundtrack by 80’s synth-surfer Mitch Murder
Here is the Megamagic: Wizards of the Neon Age official trailer:
Megamagic: Wizards of the Neon Age will be available for PC, Mac and Linux on Steam April 20th.