Dragonsong War Storyline Comes to Epic Conclusion;
New Playable Content including 24-player Raid and Challenging Dungeons
LOS ANGELES (June 7, 2016) – The end to the long, bloody Dragonsong War is near as SQUARE ENIX today released the latest update for FINAL FANTASY XIV Patch 3.3, “Revenge of the Horde.” A host of exciting new content awaits fans of the highly-acclaimed online title, including:
● Main Scenario Quests: Revenge of the Horde marks the epic conclusion to the Dragonsong War storyline. Nidhogg has cried out for vengeance, and his brethren have raised their voices for the final chorus of the Dragonsong War
● The Final Steps of Faith: A new 8-player trial pits adventurers against the great wyrm Nidhogg in an explosive final confrontation
● Two New High-Level Dungeons: Players will be put to the test in Sohr Khai, a long deserted palace resting atop the clouds now overrun by bird and beast, and Hullbreaker Isle (Hard), a dungeon which has been repurposed as a training ground for Maelstrom recruits
● The Weeping City of Mhach: Continuing the Void Ark storyline, the newest 24-player alliance raid tasks players with exploring the ruins of the fabled city of Mhach—a civilization whose prosperity was built upon unparalleled magicks of destruction
● Aquapolis: Players can test their luck and obtain special rewards in this new type of bonus dungeon that appears occasionally after completing treasure hunts
● The Fields of Glory (Shatter): A new frontline PvP encounter, where up to 72 players will once again do battle for their Grand Company as they attempt to stake their claim on ancient Allagan relics
● Chronicles of a new Era: The Warring Triad : The Warring Triad storyline continues as the Garlean Empire’s loyal servant Regula van Hydrus continues to look for ways to harness their primal powers
● Moogle Beast Tribe Quests: Help the moogles™ restore Zenith to its former glory by assisting in various crafting-related tasks and earn new furnishings, minions, and mount
● Further Hildibrand Adventures: What shocking secrets will players uncover when they accompany Hildibrand—agent of enquiry, inspector extraordinaire—to the Holy See of Isghard in an effort to help the wayward mammet Gigi regain its memories
● Raid Finder: Players can now be matched automatically with other experienced players across multiple Worlds, to challenge and practice savage level raids, the hardest encounters Eorzea® has to offer
● Anima Weapons: Continuing the Anima storyline, players will be able to upgrade specific aspects of their ever-evolving Anima weapon
● Recommended Gear Feature : Optimal gear may now be selected from inventory for any class or job with the simple press of a button
● New mounts, hairstyles, crafting recipes, emotes and more.
Further details on Patch 3.3, Revenge of the Horde, are available at: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/special/3_3_Revenge_Of_The_Horde/
Also announced today, SQUARE ENIX, Inc. will partner with online retail giant Amazon.com®, for exclusive North American distribution of FINAL FANTASY XIV® in-game items, from June 14 through June 27. With a qualifying purchase of $19.99 (tax not included) or more from Amazon.com, players will receive a digital code to unlock exclusive in-game items including an original Fat Chocobo mount, Maid and Butler attire, a Titan-themed Crag mask, an Ifrit-themed Inferno mask, and a set of 99 Magicked Prism wings (consumable item). More information will be available soon.
FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, the all-in-one bundle, which includes both A Realm Reborn and Heavensward, is available on the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 computer entertainment systems, Windows PC, and Mac. The FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward expansion pack is available as a standalone purchase on the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, and Windows PC for $39.99. A free 30-day trial is included for new FINAL FANTASY XIV accounts, with monthly subscriptions starting at $12.99.