Iceberg Interactive and Little Green Men Games have released a new cinematic trailer for Starpoint Gemini 2.
Haarlem, The Netherlands – September 11, 2014 – A year after entering Steam’s Early Access program, popular space-sim/RPG and fan-favorite Starpoint Gemini 2 is nearing completion. In celebration of the game’s impending launch, Little Green Men Games has released a new cinematic trailer that features a spectacular deep space raid and several key new features highlighted by Steam’s Big Picture functionality.
In addition to the new trailer, Starpoint Gemini 2 has received another big update, focused on Steam’s Big Picture feature providing full controller support. Big Picture mode enables gamers to kick back and enjoy the game on the biggest screen in their house.
Update Highlights Include:
- ADDED: Full controller support making the game fully playable in Steam Big Picture mode
- ADDED: Artifacts can now be collected from special structures scattered around Gemini
- ADDED: Another optimization pass focused mostly on sector-to-sector streaming
- ADDED: Music now changes to combat music when fighting begins
- ADDED: Twin suns now shine over Gemini from its center (will be further graphically improved)
- UPDATE: Based on feedback, drop rate of blueprints is increased in all instances
- UPDATE: Nebulas optimized. More specifically, when inside a nebula, other nebulas are not rendered
Read the full change log for the update here.
About Starpoint Gemini 2
The sequel to Starpoint Gemini is a tactical space simulator with tons of RPG depth! Players will captain their own space ship and roam the galaxy in 3D – space has never looked so inviting – but images can betray… It has been two years since the end of the second Gemini war, and the situation in the war-torn system is further from resolution than ever before.
- Complex, but easy-to-use RPG system, now coupled with dynamic real-time 3D combat.
- Explore the dynamic game world as a whole, rather than through individual maps.
- Use T-Gates, wormholes and rift ways to travel faster around the Gemini System.
- Fifty diverse factions ranging from states and companies to outlaws, locked in a power struggle, with over 100 commodities to trade or plunder.
- Special revocable licenses acquired from factions offer various bonuses and unlock new options.
- Hire mercenary captains to follow you on your travels and share your fate, and employ officers to fill key positions on your ship (engineering, navigation, tactical).
- Random missions get generated depending on the player’s actions and allegiances.
- Over 70 unique ships, fully upgradeable with various ship systems, with, amongst other things, visible turrets, and a large arsenal of heavy weapons to blast enemies to pieces.
- Direct ship controls create complete immersion.
- Advanced physics provided by NVIDIA PhysX technology
- Enables modding through Steam Workshop
Starpoint Gemini 2 is currently in Beta Stage on Steam’s Early Access program and available here.
Take a look at the new trailer below:
What did you think of the cinematic trailer?
Source: Press Release and YouTube