Haarlem, The Netherlands – September 22, 2014 – Iceberg Interactive and Little Green Men Games announced that their hugely popular, community-driven space sim-RPG, Starpoint Gemini 2, will be launching on Steam this Friday, September 26.
With Starpoint Gemini 2, space fans can captain their own space ship and roam the galaxy in 3D, in this tactical space simulator filled with tons of RPG depth.
Key Features Include:
- Complex, but easy-to-use RPG system, now coupled with dynamic real-time 3D combat
- Explore the dynamic game world as a whole, rather than through individual maps
- Use T-Gates, wormholes, and rift ways to travel faster around the Gemini system
- 50 diverse factions ranging from states and companies to outlaws, locked in a power struggle, with more than 100 commodities to trade or plunder
- Special revocable licenses acquired from factions offer various bonuses and unlock new options
- Gamers can view mercenary captains to follow them on their travels to share their fate, and employ officers to fill key positions on their ship (engineering, navigation, tactical)
- Random missions get generated depending on the player’s actions and allegiances
- More than 70 unique ships, fully upgradeable with various ship systems, with a.o. visible turrets, and a large arsenal of destructive weapons to blast enemies to pieces
- Direct ship controls create complete immersion
- Advanced physics provided by NVIDIA PhysX technology
- Extensive modding with Steam Workshop
Starpoint Gemini 2 is currently in Beta Stage on Steam’s Early Access program and is available here.
Source: Press Release