A new update has been released for community-driven space sim-RPG, Starpoint Gemini 2 by Iceberg Interactive and Little Green Men Games.
Haarlem, The Netherlands – November 18, 2014 – With more than 1,600 very positive user reviews on Steam, developer Little Green Men Games is stoked from the community feedback for its immensely popular space sim Starpoint Gemini 2 (PC). The title was released on September 26, 2014 after a hugely successful year in the Steam Early Access program. Since then, development has continued apace, resulting in today’s latest update, featuring new freelance mission types and an improved AI.
Update Highlights Are:
- ADDED: Station assault/defense freelance mission
- ADDED: Fire at Will HUD icon now blinks to be more visible when you’re attempting to use light weapons while Fire at Will mode is active
- ADDED: Ships and platforms now have new object markers to make them more distinct from other game objects
- They can now dynamically assess the situation and choose an according course of action.
- The choices they make differ on their faction and profession.
- Sets of abilities and items that have, until now been reserved solely for the player, are now also available for use to the AI
- NPCs can use skills
- NPCs can use equipment
- NPCs from different factions/professions make different choices
- Since we have opened up a lot of possibilities for the AI, we’ll keep a closer look on balance in combat and tweak things accordingly. AI improvements won’t stop here as well – you can expect further improvements in this area!
You can take a look at the full change log here.
Starpoint Gemini 2, has left Early Access, and is available now on Steam.
Source: Press Release