Today is the day that many subscribers of BioWare’s Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) have been waiting for! Knights of the Fallen Empire digital expansion is currently being rolled out and will be available today for subscribers only.
This expansion is major as it basically changes the majority of the game and we believe, it’s for the better. Get ready for nine new chapters rolling out, with more next year. Our favorite part? Well, we have many.
- Flashpoints can be done in SOLO mode; if you don’t want SOLO mode, then you can queue in for the Tactical option
- Operations and Flashpoints will have loot drop for your character. No more getting loot that doesn’t pertain to you.
- Level syncing – here is a controversial one – this basically means that no matter what level you are, if you travel to lower-level planets, your rank will lower to slightly above the planet. So if you are a level 60 and travel to a level 28-32 planet, your level will get dropped to probably a 34. You won’t lose any of your abilities and will be able to get bonuses and loot for your level 60.
- Many new companions. Best feature – you can select either Healer, Tank or DPS for EVERY companion on the fly (just not during battle). Also, depending on your story line, some of your companions might die, and others might refuse to join you.
- The Cunning, Willpower, Strength and Aim have been replaced by Mastery.
- Legacy datacrons can be purchased and will be available to all of your characters
Take a look at the Sacrifice trailer:
For the full update notes, head on over to the main site in a few hours once the expansion has been rolled out.
The expansion will be available for everyone else in one week, on October 27, 2015.
Source: Official Website