A next-gen open world game recruiting ad by EA Canada has been spotted for Star Wars.
The job ad calls for an Animation Director and you can see it below:
Location Information: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Animation Director, STAR WARS – Vancouver, Canada
We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield, and Star Wars, to name but a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that Anytime, Anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those leading their fields, and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
EA Canada is looking for an experienced Animation director to help define and deliver on the vision for a major new next gen open world action game. You will oversee the development of animation, and work closely with the Creative Director, Game Director & Combat Designer to establish and realize the vision of the game. You will also lead and mentor the lead animators, grow internal talent and review the work of the animation team to ensure highest quality.
- Collaborate with other Directors and Animation Leads to establish, drive and communicate the game’s animation vision and style & tone.
- Work closely with animators and technical director-animation to ensure quality integration of all animations.
- Develops a strategy to meet quality goals for the studio by growing and adapting the team’s skillsets, investing in tools and partners as appropriate, and guiding teams on tools, technologies, and techniques.
- Actively participate in animation system design and issues resolution.
- Build-out appropriate communication lines internally and externally which successfully communicate the animation direction.
- Shipped 2+ AAA current gen titles in a Animation Director or lead animator role
- 5 years’ experience of animation in games
- Solid understanding of what makes high animation quality in games and how to get there
- Ability to work and lead in a highly collaborative, interdisciplinary, iterative environment while delivering under deadlines and time constraints.
- Strong leadership ability including group communication, personnel management and project management. Experience with multi-site development a plus.
- Experience with animation technologies in major game engines
We’ll keep you posted as soon as we hear anything.