Somewhere above Gliese-6143-C, Year 2164: Our scheduled arrival time on Gliese-6143-C of this Friday 15th July has been unexpectedly brought forward. All astronauts have been ordered to take escape pods immediately and prepare for imminent landing. Reasons for our early arrival are currently unknown, but we can confirm that The Solus Project has already landed on the Xbox Store. Escape hatch secured. Seat belts fastened. The ship will depart and your mission will commence in t-minus 10 seconds…9…8…7…6…5…4…3…2…1.
The Solus Project Key Features:
- EXPLORATION: Unlock the depths of the uncharted planet, and discover the secrets buried deep below. Delve into huge cave systems and tombs and uncover more than 200 secrets.
- ADVENTURE: Spelunk through 10 large, entirely handcrafted levels including five islands and five large tombs/caves.
- ROLE-PLAYING: Be a pioneer, an archaeologist, and an astronaut to explore a mysterious alien planet. The adventure has a beginning and an end, but it is a harsh world. Your death means the end of mankind. Save humanity and rebuild a communication device to phone home, by scavenging useful items.
- ATMOSPHERE: Soak in the rich, fully dynamic environment. An alien day and night cycle and a dynamic weather system are synchronized to calculate everything from temperature, wind, humidity, cloud coverage impact on the climate, and more. It handles ocean tides. Plants respond to the climate. Storms form. Earthquakes happen. Watch out!
- SURVIVAL ELEMENTS: Survive the extreme climate, tornadoes, storms, meteors, lightning, and the dark secrets buried beneath the surface.
- GEOLOGICAL DEPTH: Plants grow and rot. Ocean tide rises and recedes based on the moon. Your body responds to everything from getting wet to lack of sleep or the humidity, or even walking uphill. There are secret areas within secret areas within secret areas, and hundreds of upgrades to be found and used to complete your quest.
The Solus Project is a single-player exploration adventure with survival elements. The adventure is set on a mysterious planet and is the spiritual successor to The Ball, which was voted as the 2010 PC Gamer Action/Adventure Game of the Year. The game is available for purchase at $19.99 on Steam, GOG and the Xbox Store.
Related: THE SOLUS PROJECT Review for PC