Maxis has rolled out Update 7 for its simulation game, SimCity.
The following is taken directly from their Blog:
Today we are releasing our 7th SimCity game update featuring traffic tuning, the raise/lower roads tool, and the free Houses of Worship set. Over the past few weeks we’ve been previewing all the things you’ll find in Update 7. Missed anything? No worries – you’ll find all the info you need below.
The traffic tuning in Update 7 is a small change that should have a big impact on your city. These improvements will make traffic behavior smarter, meaning it should reduce the number of lines formed by all available vehicles converging on a single spot, thus reducing congestion. Software Engineer Alex Harkness explains these changes in his blog post here.
Raise/Lower Roads Tool
In addition to traffic tuning, we’re also introducing the raise/lower roads tool with Update 7. This tool will allow you to raise and lower roads, giving you more ways to build bridges and tunnels. Strategically utilizing bridges and tunnels will not only add a new creative touch to your city, it will also give you even more control over traffic flow. Find out more by reading Lead Gameplay Scripter Guillaume Pierre’s blog post.
Houses of Worship
One last addition to Update 7 is the free Houses of Worship set that includes four brand new buildings that increase the happiness of your Sims. In addition to the righteous emotional boost, the House of Worship buildings are free to place and do not require any maintenance (though you are limited to four buildings in a city). The House of Worship buildings are also available to all wealth levels, so anyone can visit.
And below you can find the full Update 7 notes:
• New Feature: Tool to create bridges, overpasses, and tunnels when you draw your roads.
– While building your road, pressing the N key or M key will lower or raise the road accordingly creating overpasses, bridges and tunnels. Note: Existing road layouts cannot be raised or lowered
• New: Improvements for traffic behavior to make it smarter. This should reduce the number of lines formed by all available vehicles converging on a single spot. This affects all vehicles including Police, Fire Trucks, Moving Trucks, Garbage Trucks, Recycling Trucks, Resource Trucks, Buses, Ambulances, and Civilian vehicles.
• New: Tree tools – Place individual trees along your city roads. This tool is located at the end of the Nature Parks menu.
• New: Vehicles now accelerate and decelerate faster, allowing them to leave buildings and cross intersections more efficiently.
• Parks: Sports parks are now accepting Sims 24 hours a day.
• Airship: The number of Airship passenger trips should now be correct over multiple days.
• Freight: Freight trucks now only leave factories if they have a valid delivery destination.
• Fix for freight trucks leaving the city instead of going back to the factories in some situations.
• Terrain: Improves some instances where terrain covers sections of roads under certain scenarios while the camera is zoomed out.
What did you think?