ZOJOI MAKES A CASE FOR SHERLOCK HOLMES:
CONSULTING DETECTIVE ON STEAM GREENLIGHT
Return to the 19th Century and Become the World’s Greatest Detective
and Solve Three Original Cases
Charlottesville, Virginia – January 29, 2015 – In “The Sign of the Four” (1890) by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes said, “I cannot live without brain-work. What else is there to live for?” If you agree with the preeminent sleuth in literary history, then you’re in for a treat. Zojoi, the team behind some of the most well-known adventure titles in classic gaming, announced today that its original series, Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective, is now available on Steam Greenlight for Steam users to vote on. If it receives enough community support, Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective will soon be available on Steam! It’s elementary, my dear.
In 1991, Zojoi (then ICOM Simulations) partnered with board game company Sleuth Times to release Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective for PC, Mac and several other gaming systems. Considered groundbreaking by gamers and critics at the time due to its use of full-motion video (FMV) technology, the game featured the same intriguing storylines and brain-bending puzzles that have remained a staple of all Sherlock Holmes work since Doyle’s character first made his debut.
This re-mastered version of Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective for modern day gamers, is complete with recaptured full-screen video and high-resolution graphics.
Additional features of Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective include:
- All three original case files: The Case of the Mummy’s Curse, The Case of the Tin Soldier, and The Case of the Mystified Murderess
- 30+ minutes of original video footage for each case
- Interact with Sherlock Holmes, his case companion Dr. Watson, and more than 20 other characters (both trustworthy and unscrupulous)
- Search the London Times for clues, peruse Holmes’ personal files, scour the London Directory, and receive hints from Dr. Watson himself
- Present your findings to the Queen’s magistrate – learning how you did against the master detective
- Based on the award-winning board game
- Full subtitle support
For more information about Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective, please visit the official website.
Source: Press Release