Players of the Early Access version can now play through a tutorial, introducing the game’s basic features, that reveals the back story.
Those familiar with Kult, the predecessor to Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms, will meet an old friend: Carissa, who is joining as a new playable character. Carissa Cantrecht is a former member of the secret society Penta Nera, and a skilled melee fighter, who finishes off enemies with her sword and shield.
All new features and changes at a glance
- Introduction of prologue and tutorial
- New playable character – Carissa Cantrecht
- New abilities and effects
- Improved, challenging combat
- Configurable controls
- Improved menus and user interface
- New recipes and a menu book for crafting added
- Enemies now respawn on most maps
- RPG system has been balanced
- Additional graphical effects
- Improved performance
- Numerous bug fixes and improvements
Here are several new screenshots:
Take a look at the Soundtrack Recording Session video below:
Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms will be released on 13th November 2014 for PC.
Source: Press Release