Scientific Revenue Announces 20-40% Lift in Revenue for Mobile Games Using Company’s Dynamic Pricing Engine
Pricing Cloud delivers customized, targeted pricing for mobile game in-app purchases
SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA, (October 8, 2015) —Scientific Revenue, a dynamic pricing and revenue optimization service, today announced a 20-40% lift in overall in-app purchase revenue and an average 15% increase in payment conversion for games using its dynamic pricing engine for in-app purchases. Launched with select partners in 2014, Scientific Revenue is already deployed in games with over 100 million total downloads, and now supports the top eight gaming engines.
“We’re thrilled to share the success we’ve had with many of our mobile game partners,” said Scientific Revenue founder and CEO, William Grosso. “They are not only pleased with the extra revenue we’re generating for their various titles, but they’ve helped us make our dynamic pricing engine more powerful. So to every other game developer and publisher out there, we say: ‘Focus on making great games, we’ll focus on making you more money.”
Mobile games are forecast to become a $45 billion market by 2018. However, mobile games leave billions of dollars on the table every year, since the vast majority of revenue stems from in-app payments from less than 5% of the total player base, with their payments varying wildly at different times in different parts of the world and from player to player.
Created by a team of data scientists with decades of experience in game economics and analytics, drawing on insights from the world’s most successful publishers, Scientific Revenue’s dynamic pricing engine creates customized, targeted in-app payments for each player, enabling game developers to maximize price monetization while maintaining integrity over their gameplay experience.
Core Scientific Revenue Features
- The Scientific Revenue Pricing Cloud™: Cloud-based monetization platform combining predictive analytics and machine learning with real-time segmentation, rules-based pricing, and a robust testing framework to enable targeted per-user pricing.
- Multi-Platform: Complete support for Android & iOS games, and compatibility with all major gaming engines, including Unity, Cocos2d-X, Unreal, Corona, Moai, Apportable, and Adobe Air.
- Dynamic Pricing Engine: Analyzes hundreds of pricing signals to continually optimize pricing, applying customized models and asynchronous machine learning to user data to surface new pricing opportunities. Engine automatically sends ideal price points on targeted per-user basis.
- Customized price offers: Engine supports customized messaging, including specials, splash screens, interstitials, and payment wall price optimization, plus advanced merchandising techniques like strikethrough pricing, and time-based discounting.
- Client-side SDK: Easy-to-integrate plug-in collects data and connects to the Pricing Cloud. SDK architected for zero end user impact, with communications sent to the pricing engine in the background, server-side caching, and message queuing.
- The Pricing Console: Web-based price management tool that provides ability to manage price changes, and connects to app storefronts for easy updating. Also gives developers and publishers total visibility into how their game pricing is impacting revenue, engagement and retention at all times. Console also enables user segmentation, multi-variate testing, and promotion creation.
ABOUT SCIENTIFIC REVENUE
Founded by a team of game industry veterans, economists, and data analysts, Scientific Revenue is dedicated to maximizing the money mobile developers make from their creative work. With an SDK already integrated in games with over 100 million total downloads, Scientific Revenue’s dynamic pricing engine for in-app purchases typically boosts payment conversions by 15 percent, and overall revenue by 20-40%. Based in San Mateo, Scientific Revenue is backed by Walden Venture Capital.
Source: Press Release