Free Update Brings New Arenas, Items, and Improvements Starting June 20
SAN DIEGO, CA – June 10, 2016 – Independent video game developer and publisher, Psyonix, will release an enormous free update for its popular sports-action hybrid, Rocket League, on Monday, June 20. Packed with tons of new features and content, the latest update will be the largest-ever in the history of the game.
Inspired by the cyberpunk dystopias made popular in the 1980s, the “Neo Tokyo” update will be spearheaded by an arena of the very same name. Originally released as part of the “Rocket Labs” experimental Playlist, Neo Tokyo is a reimagined version of the celebrated multi-tiered stadium, “Underpass,” with streamlined gameplay improvements and a beautiful, highly-detailed environment.
In addition to the fantastic new arena, the Neo Tokyo update also includes:
- The beginning of “Season 3” for Competitive Playlists, which resets all skill ratings and rewards last season’s players with exclusive Rocket Boosts that reflect their final rank
- An expanded Item drop system that adds…
- More than 20 “Rare” and “Very Rare” Item types for online, post-game drops
- An easy-to-use “Trade In” system that allows players to exchange multiple Items of one rarity type for an even rarer one.
- New “Painted” Items that offer different color variations on existing Garage favorites like Toppers and Wheels
- Special “Certified” Items that track specific in-game stats and increase in prestige the higher those stats go
- New Quick-Chat customization options that expand player choices for fast, in-game communication
- New Post-Game celebrations that spotlight the winning team and allow them to jump, spin, and boost their car to show off their accomplishments
- “Pillars,” a new experimental Arena that separates the field into three lanes via two massive walls in the middle of the stadium
- A new, in-game “Showroom” that allows players to view and purchase all previously-released and future premium DLC
- Eight new Trophies and Achievements on all three platforms
Watch the new Rocket League Neo Tokyo Update Trailer:
ABOUT ROCKET LEAGUE
Winner or nominee of more than 100 game of the year awards, Rocket League is one of the most critically-acclaimed sports games of a generation. Boasting a community of more than 15 million players, Rocket League is a high-powered hybrid of arcade-style soccer and vehicular mayhem that offers easy-to-understand controls and fluid, physics-driven competition. Available digitally on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, and Windows PC via Steam, Rocket League includes more than 100 billion possible customization combinations, a fully-featured offline season mode, multiple game types, casual and competitive online matches, and special “Mutators” that let you change the rules entirely. To learn more about Rocket League, please visit www.RocketLeagueGame.com, “Like” it on Facebook, and follow it on Twitter @RocketLeague for all the latest developer updates and news.
Following the update, Psyonix will also release two Neo Tokyo-inspired premium cars that will be available first to owners of Rocket League Collection’s Edition on Friday, June 24 in Europe and Tuesday, July 5 in North America. Known as “Esper” and “Masamune,” the pair of futuristic vehicles will bring a distinctive anime style to Rocket League’s ever-growing collection of playable vehicles. They join the two previously-announced Battle-Cars, “Marauder” and “Aftershock,” as timed exclusives for the retail release.
All four DLC cars will be available for digital purchase worldwide on Monday, July 18 for USD $1.99 per car (or regional equivalent).