In a press release sent to Gaming Cypher this morning, developer Psyonix announced its fast paced action sports game, Rocket League.
The Follow-up to the Popular Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars Takes Action-Sports to New Level
San Diego, CA – October 23, 2014 – Psyonix, the respected independent developer responsible for Square Enix’s upcoming hit Nosgoth, unveiled its plans to launch the fast-paced action-sports game Rocket League in spring 2015. The sequel to the international hitSupersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars, Rocket League expands on its successful pedigree with improved graphics and physics systems, a robust new single-player campaign, considerable customization options, and a fully-charged multiplayer game geared for a next-generation action-sports experience.
Rocket League Key Features Include:
- New Season Mode: Players now can enjoy a full single-player experience with Season mode, bolstered by extensive vehicle customizations, unlockable items, multiple arenas, and more.
- Fully Upgraded Online, Local and Splitscreen Multiplayer Modes: Fans of the original will love the returning options for two- to four-player competition, from on-the-couch split-screen competition to the robust online play.
- Team-focused Gameplay: Rocket League’s team-oriented play compels gamers to learn short- and long-term tactics and strategies to stay in the game, challenge their friends, and stay atop the monthly leaderboards.
- Physics-driven Vehicle Interactions: Built with rocket-equipped vehicles capable of aerial attacks, passes and shots, and physics-driven ball action, Rocket League is a wild, visceral action-sports experience.
- Content Overload: Rocket League builds upon its predecessor with a healthy array of completely new unlockable vehicles, arenas, more than 100 customization items, and other surprises.
- Dedicated Gameplay Servers: Super-smooth online gameplay guarantees an even better Rocket-Powered Battle-Car experience.
- Broadcast-Quality Replays: Gamers can play with, stylize, and create the ultimate replay of entire games with the new replay system. Fast forward, rewind, or view the action from anywhere in the arena!
“We are excited to let the world know that Rocket League is coming in 2015 with a new set of next-generation upgrades, features and physics systems,” said Dave Hagewood, President, Psyonix. “We believe its unique mix of stunning physics, crazy aerial action, and compelling multiplayer combat will drive our current fan base – and a whole new generation of players – absolutely wild.”
Like the 2008 PlayStation®3 original, Rocket League is a futuristic action-sports game where players pilot rocket-powered vehicles in an enhanced version of soccer by driving their vehicles into the ball and other players in a variety of arenas. Rocket League uses an advanced physics system to simulate realistic interactions between cars and the ball, where mass and momentum determine how hard balls and cars hit each other, creating a unique and visceral playing experience.
Take a look at the Rocket League announcement teaser trailer below:
Created by Psyonix, Rocket League is a one- to eight-player action-sports game due in spring 2015. To learn more about Rocket League, please visit www.rocketleaguegame.com, ‘Like’ it on Facebook, and follow its development on Twitter @RocketLeague for all the latest developer updates and news.
Related: Nosgoth Beta Details
Source: Press Release