Psyonix Celebrates Two-Year Anniversary With New Arena, Rick and Morty Customization Items, Rocket League Radio, and More
SAN DIEGO, CA – July 5, 2017 – Independent video game developer and publisher, Psyonix, creators of the sports-action hit, Rocket League, announced that the Anniversary Update will be available for download later today beginning at 3pm PDT. The update features a FREE new arena named ‘Champions Field,’ and a variety of other content including:
- FREE Rick & Morty Customization items distributed as Common drops after online and offline matches, including Rick and Morty Antennas, ‘Cromulon,’ ‘Mr. Meeseeks,’ and ‘Mr. PBH’ Toppers, an ‘Interdimensional GB’ Rocket Boost, and ‘Sanchez DC-137’ Wheels
- ‘Rocket League Radio,’ which adds a new default music playlist “Rocket League x Monstercat” with 18 new tracks from EDM music label Monstercat
- New Import Battle-Cars ‘Animus GP’ and ‘Centio V17,’ available exclusively as drops inside the new ‘Overdrive Crate’
- New Overdrive Crate with the potential to unlock animated decals, brand-new trails, and more
- New customization options like ‘Engine Audio,’ ‘Goal Explosions,’ and ‘Trails’ that are a mix of FREE selections and Crate drops
- End to ‘Competitive Season 4’ and Trail rewards distributed to competing players based on their highest skill tier reached
- Beginning of ‘Competitive Season 5’ with new changes
- Six new achievements and trophies
- and more!
Rocket League celebrates its 2nd birthday on July 7, 2017. Since launch in 2015, the community has grown to more than 33 million players across all platforms. Additional game statistics will be revealed on the evening of July 6 in honor of the game’s 2nd birthday.
Rocket League is a high-powered hybrid of arcade soccer and driving with rewarding physics-based gameplay. Boasting a community of more than 32 million players, Rocket League is currently available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, and Windows PC, Mac, and SteamOS via Steam, with the Nintendo Switch version to launch Holiday 2017.