In Disco Dodgeball you get to race around a skate park / dance club in jet-powered robots and hit each other with exploding dodgeballs.
New mode called Arcade, and it functions like a roguelike mode. You battle waves of enemy bots & special bosses, perform stunt shots for bonus currency, and equip superpowers that work together in interesting ways (like an EMP dodgeball, jetpacks, homing dodgeballs, an unblockable fireball shot, or even the ability to slow down time so you can nail that mid-air 360 helicopter shot). Ultimately you’re trying to take down a final boss and earn a spot on the high score leaderboards.
Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball is a projectile-based sports FPS where you race around a dance club in jet-powered robots, launch off skate park ramps and nail each other with exploding glow-in-the-dark dodgeballs.
Every shot is a one-hit-kill and you can deflect and catch enemy fire or perform a wide array of trick shots for bonus points or just to show off.
It plays like you enabled ‘all-throwing-knife’ mode in other shooters, and were all on skateboards, and at a rave.
- Has reached over 3 million views across hundreds of YouTube channels
- Features musical tracks from the composers involved in SUPERHOT and A Virus Named Tom
- Has unique objective-based modes that encourage teamwork like Elimination, Hoops, and Demolition Derby.
- One-click server setup for free online multiplayer
- Has strong bot AI and singleplayer leaderboard challenges for solo play
- Powerups like jetpacks, pogo jumps, laser balls, homing balls and boomerang balls
- Designed and developed by a single person
Disco Dodgeball began development in July 2013, was added to Greenlight that November, was successfully Greenlit on February 5th 2014, and was released on Steam Early Access on March 28, 2014.
Take a look at the official trailer below:
Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball is now in Steam Early Access and is scheduled to release early 2015.