Developer Charles Deck (Bouncy Babies) has launched a Kickstarter campaign for Rescuties! VR for HTC Vibe and Oculus Rift.
In Rescuties! VR you’re placed in a variety of emergency situations where you rescue cute babies and animals – everything from catching babies being tossed from a burning building to rescuing pets from the Titanic. There is also a nursery level where you have to keep six napping newborns happy by giving them kisses and a teddy bear (which might strike a cord with any parent).<
The developer created the game to draw on the unique use of depth perspective that catching and tossing virtual objects requires, and coined the term “closet-scale VR” to reflect how “room scale VR” is often a bit more constrained when actually playing in a real living room.
Rescuties! VR Features:
- 10 scenarios, each crazier than then next! From busy city streets, to thousands of feet above the Grand Canyon, to a cruise ship taking on water!
- Propel parachutes to panicked passengers! Loft life preservers to sinking swimmers! Comfort napping newborns!
- Stand suspended between helicopters! On the back of a Cessna! Chasing a school bus! Scrambling around someone’s back yard!
- Rescue babies! Puppies! Koalas! Baby chicks! Baby babies! Giant babies!
- Hunt for all sorts of hidden easter eggs, from the Magic Mushroom to the Cutie Combiner!
- …it’s a VR arcade game about helping people and animals out in crazy scenarios!
Take a look at the Rescuties! VR Kickstarter trailer:
You can help support Rescuties! VR on Kickstarter right now with 6 more days to go.