Red Bull Air Race – The Game: Qualifying for 2015 Virtual World Championship has begun!
Preparation is the key to success. Only 9 days until the start of the 2015 Virtual Red Bull Air Race World Championship – participate in the qualifying now, win one of six tickets to the grand final in Las Vegas, Nevada, and become Virtual Red Bull Air Race World Champion!
Salzburg, Austria – May 07, 2015 – Red Bull Air Race – The Game not only brings the world’s fastest motor sports series free to smartphones and tablets, this year for the first time it also offers a chance to participate in the 2015 Virtual World Championship.
Flair and skill are called for – the winners of the individual races will get an unforgettable, all-inclusive trip to Las Vegas!
The real Red Bull Air Race World Champion started in February, kicking off in Abu Dhabi. Now, the virtual pilots are also in demand with the next stop in Chiba, Japan, on May 16th and 17th , 2015. At the same time as the real competition, the battle for the top spot on the leaderboard will also be fought on the airy heights on the original course in Red Bull Air Race – The Game – the virtual qualifying for the race in Chiba has already started. In this and the next races, a winner will be determined, who will be allowed to participate in the grand final of the 2015 Virtual World Championship. Along with the season final of the real world championship, the winner of the virtual Red Bull Air Race World Championship will also be determined on October 17th and 18th in Las Vegas. To go with the trophy, the winner will also enjoy a meet & greet with the real world champion and a G flight in an original Red Bull Air Race two-seater.
Good preparation is crucial on the path to victory. Grab your smartphone and start practicing for the tournament now, take part in the qualifying, and maybe win one of 6 tickets for the all-inclusive trip to Las Vegas!
All the dates for the Red Bull Air Race – The Game 2015 Virtual World Championship – the virtual qualifying for each race starts 2 weeks before the real event:
- Chiba, Japan – May 16th + 17th , 2015
- Rovinj, Croatia – May 30th + 31st , 2015
- Budapest, Hungary – July 04th + 05th , 2015
- Ascot, United Kingdom – August 15th + 16th , 2015
- Spielberg, Austria – September 05th + 06th , 2015
- Fort Worth, Texas – September 26th + 27th , 2015
- Grand Finale: Las Vegas, Nevada – October 17th + 18th , 2015
About Red Bull Air Race – The Game:
Just like in real life, the action-packed Red Bull Air Race – The Game first offers pilots training in the “pilot camp.” The camp in Slovenia prepares players for the racing season and teaches the controls of the plane in numerous training units. The career mode, just like the real Red Bull Air Race World Championship, is all about winning the trophy on three continents. All the courses in the game reproduce the originals and are gradually unlocked. Sixteen different aircraft, each with special flight characteristics, are available for the action-packed duels just above the ground. They can be repainted and equipped with upgrades in the virtual hangar, providing even more speed and aerodynamics. In Matchup, players are challenged by the 14 Red Bull Air Race World Championship pilots.
Those who find exciting duels more fun than a pilot career can test their mettle against other players from all over the world in the global Tournament mode. If you want to prove your skill here, you will have to go through the same steps as in the real Red Bull Air Race in tough one-on-one matchups: Training, Qualifying, Round of 14, Round of 8, and Final 4. Additional weekly regional events and, of course, the Virtual Red Bull Air Race World Championship, which qualifies the six winners of the individual events for the grand finale in Las Vegas, provide a change of pace.
No matter what mode you choose in Red Bull Air Race – The Game, only quick reactions and keen instinct will lead to victory in the fast-paced motorsports action
- The official game of the Red Bull Air Race World Championship for iOS and Android
- Different game modes: Career and Tournament
- 9 unique locations on 3 continents: Pilot Camp in Slovenia and racetracks in Abu Dhabi (UAE), Rovinj (Croatia), Chiba (Japan), Las Vegas (USA), Ascot (UK), Fort Worth (USA), Spielberg (Austria), and as of May 14th: Budapest (HUN)
- More than 50 unique racetracks, including all official locations in the Red Bull Air Race World Championship
- 16 different aircraft, including Extra 330LX, Extra 300SR, Edge 540, MXS-R, Edge 540 V3, and Corvus Racer, each with 5 upgrade packs and tons of different paint jobs
- 3 different tournament modes with leaderboards: Global Tournament, Regional Tournament, and 2015 Virtual Red Bull Air Race World Championship
- Over 200 races in the campaign mode
- Localized in 10 languages: German, English, Italian, Spanish, French, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, and Russian
- Regular content updates
Matchups against all of the Red Bull Air Race pilots in the Red Bull Air Race World Championship:
- Hannes Arch (AUT) o Nigel Lamb (GBR)
- Peter Besenyei (HUN)
- Pete McLeod (CAN)
- Paul Bonhomme (GBR)
- Michael Goulian (USA)
- Kirby Chambliss (USA)
- Martin Šonka (CZE)
- Matthias Dolderer (GER)
- Yoshihide Muroya (JAP)
- Matt Hall (AUS)
- François Le Vot (FRA)
- Nicolas Ivanoff (FRA)
- Juan Velarde (ESP)
Here is the teaser trailer:
Red Bull Air Race – The Game is available for free download with in-app purchases on the App Store and on Google Play in German, English, Italian, Spanish, French, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, and Russian.
Source: Press Release