UFO Interactive Games and developer MOSS just announced that Raiden IV: OverKill, the latest addition to Raiden, the all-time classic top-down, vertical scrolling shooter series, will debut in April.
Below are Raiden IV: OverKill key features:
- OverKill Mode – Brand-New mode with new mission stages and a revamped scoring system!
- Challenging Bosses and Stages – With new secret stages, never before seen bosses and hidden un-lockable modes, experience the fast, blistering game play action that never gets old.
- Items, Weapons, and More – Unlock and master a variety of new weapons as swarms of enemy fighters try and put you down. Everything from fan favorites, such as the Spread Shot and Vulcan Laser, will be available, as well as new weapons and items!
- Online Features – Utilize the Replay feature that lets you record and share footage of your best campaigns with others online. Global leaderboards will also track the best Aces in the world, leading to bragging rights and the title of Master Ace!
- From 2D to 3D – The Raiden series has always been on the cutting edge of technology and the transition from 2D to 3D will be a benchmark for other shooters to come. The explosive color and graphical eye candy will be a feast for the eyes!
You can view some screenshots below:
And you can also view the Raiden IV: OverKill Japanese trailer below:
Raiden IV: OverKill will debut in North America on April 29th for the PS3 via PlayStation Network.
What did you think?
Source: UFO Interactive Games